2012 Ultralightweight Thunderbike?

Started by diamond, January 05, 2012, 07:54:12 AM

truckstop

Quote from: Jiggyfly on March 15, 2012, 07:18:34 AM
I think I did a 1:34 flat on the EX250, (ready for my excuses??? LOL)..... It was my first time on the lil Ninja.
I'm sure you recall, it rained right before the ULTB race & turn 7 was slipperyer than a snot bubble!!
Tip-toed in there, and baby stepped out.....so that in itself killed any good lap time potential.
I think :27's are possible there. It was also my first time back on BHF since 2003, & I was shocked at how much 1 & 7 had deteriorated!!! Thankfully, they've repaired both turns.

Where do you live? Which region are you going to be racing? 

My first time on the 125 was on a wet track with slicks. I think I did 41s. That's probably the slowest I've ever gone around BHF but it was by far the most fun I'd ever had and I was hooked on two-strokes. Anyway, a 34 sounds pretty good in comparison.

We're in 'Sconnie, so normally we'd be at all the BHF dates. Our plan this year though, was to only do USGPRU events until we run out of money or my husband's TZ250 breaks past the point of us having the means to fix it. He'll be doing some Team Challenge too. I'm undecided if we go to Topeka for TC if I bring the 125 or not.

vance

Quote from: bruce71198 on March 15, 2012, 08:44:05 AM
Hey Jiggy, glad to see you guys out having fun befor me ! Does anyone know how the grid will be set up, in ULWTB, if there are experts and ameteurs entered?
It's combined here in the Fl region and there are at least 2 Experts in the class, but the racing is surprisingly close between the whole group.

apriliaman

Next time if you see your in the 2nd wave,we usally put our left hand out and wave to the other riders that your in the 2nd wave.I was there then the officals just put there hands in the air and were like what just happened.I can see your bikes are about the same.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

vance

Quote from: apriliaman on March 16, 2012, 01:07:08 PM
Next time if you see your in the 2nd wave,we usally put our left hand out and wave to the other riders that your in the 2nd wave.I was there then the officals just put there hands in the air and were like what just happened.I can see your bikes are about the same.
This has been beaten to death, but it's as much my fault as it is anyone's.  The grid official was right beside me and I didn't raise my hand to signal to the other riders.  Luckily, the race results ended up as they would have without the jump start penalties.

vance

Don't be shy Miguel. Post up the JGP write up!  It's not bragging, you just happened to win the race. :)

CHIRINOM

Lol. Jumping back to the main Racing discussion page ;)
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

CHIRINOM

Hey guys, resurrecting an old thread as it is time to start discussing once again. I have been informed that we are nearing the deadline to submit rules proposals.

Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

vance

Here are the CCS ULTB and ESS wera rules for a starting point:
CCS:
ULTRALIGHT THUNDERBIKE (Amateur and Expert Combined)
Single cylinder, four-stroke liquid cooled, 250cc
Twin cylinder, air cooled, 350cc
Twin cylinder, four-stroke liquid cooled, up to 250cc
NOTE: 125GP and MD 250 machines are not eligible for Ultralight
ThunderBike.

WERA:
     E SUPERSTOCK EXPERT & NOVICE
200-250cc 4-stroke air and water-cooled twins
200-250cc 4-stroke air and water-cooled singles
No bodywork restrictions.
No engine modifications allowed
All bikes may upgrade to 17" wheels so long as they do not weigh less than the stock wheels for that model.       Kickstand mounts may be cut off of frame.It seems like the only thing we are asking to be added is the "no engine mods", which would keep the bikes consistent with wera rules also.  It might be necessary to add the 17" wheel conversion in case anyone wants to run an older gen, but it seems like there's a decent population of the newer gens to be found.  I'm not sure how many people would do it anyway.  Maybe we should make Walter and Miguel run an old gen.... :biggrin:

CHIRINOM

Quote from: vance on August 28, 2012, 05:00:48 PM
Here are the CCS ULTB and ESS wera rules for a starting point:
CCS:
ULTRALIGHT THUNDERBIKE (Amateur and Expert Combined)
Single cylinder, four-stroke liquid cooled, 250cc
Twin cylinder, air cooled, 350cc
Twin cylinder, four-stroke liquid cooled, up to 250cc
NOTE: 125GP and MD 250 machines are not eligible for Ultralight
ThunderBike.

WERA:
     E SUPERSTOCK EXPERT & NOVICE
200-250cc 4-stroke air and water-cooled twins
200-250cc 4-stroke air and water-cooled singles
No bodywork restrictions.
No engine modifications allowed
All bikes may upgrade to 17" wheels so long as they do not weigh less than the stock wheels for that model.       Kickstand mounts may be cut off of frame.It seems like the only thing we are asking to be added is the "no engine mods", which would keep the bikes consistent with wera rules also.  It might be necessary to add the 17" wheel conversion in case anyone wants to run an older gen, but it seems like there's a decent population of the newer gens to be found.  I'm not sure how many people would do it anyway.  Maybe we should make Walter and Miguel run an old gen.... :biggrin:

I am working on my pre gen as we speak. I will tell you that they are no slugs. I raced James Bayles who was riding a pre gen. He won it. :err:

Sounds good to me, I propose that fuel octane be limited to 94 max. This will keep parity amongst machines while keeping the over all costs down. Hi test would mean hotter tuning which would result in tuning expense as well as increased operating expense in running the higher octane fuels.
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

CHIRINOM

Quote from: vance on August 29, 2012, 07:29:00 PM
http://blog.motorcycle.com/2012/08/27/manufacturers/kawasaki/epa-documents-reveal-2013-kawasaki-ninja-300-400r-confirms-636cc-ninja-zx-6r/

You gotta be f*ckin kidding me....
I'm gonna punch somebody in the nuts. :kicknuts:

I doubt this. Does not seem efficient to produce a 250 and then turn around and unveil a 300.
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

bruce71198