2012 Ultralightweight Thunderbike?

Started by diamond, January 05, 2012, 07:54:12 AM

Knedragon

Quote from: Jiggyfly on February 24, 2012, 11:35:22 PM
No, the 125 is not legal.....I've received emails specifying this. And if it's not, the Moriwaki certainly shouldn't be.
I you read his post without jumping the gun,Morty is talking about the 125 being eligible for Thunderbike,as well as the 250  :pop:
Oh boy,Not another Oil Spewing diesel!!

Knedragon

We didn't write the rulebook,we're just following it  :lmao:

apriliaman

The bike has to be a streetbike only.So the Morawaki 250 is a GP bike not for the street, race only, so you cannot race it in that class.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

Race125

Quote from: apriliaman on February 25, 2012, 12:18:50 PM
The bike has to be a streetbike only.So the Morawaki 250 is a GP bike not for the street, race only, so you cannot race it in that class.

Facts: Fresh from the rulebook:
Thunderbike machines, except single cylinder machines, are
based upon production models, sold by manufacturers and their dealers in North
America for street use.

This makes the Moriwaki legal in ULTB

apriliaman

If that is correct then if you have a ninja 250 that has 30hp and is 2x the weight of the Moriwaki ,how would be able to catch up? The moriwakis some can have 40hp and they weigh under 200lbs.
I dont race in this class but I like to watch it.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

Knedragon

Time for more Moriwaki's no pun intended  :kicknuts:

roadracer162

Steve, for you the race number is #15 and for me it is #16. I can't keep up with you with my Ducati 748 yet I am not allowed to race against you in GT Lights or LW GP.

Mark, the Moriwaki is legal in UL TB even though I believe it shouldn't. I do believe opening up the rules is a good thing for more participation and if there is a strong turn out this year then next year add the ULT thunderbike/supersport or something like that. I do believe that there are still enough SV riders that a utralightweight supersport class could be made so the 250 spec class could be called superstock.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Jiggyfly

I'll rescind my earlier statement about selling my 250 Ninja.
Instead I'll race WERA, which has their shit together.

Really? A Moriwaki against a Ninja 250? .....I guess for the guys that like to cherry pick & buy a race win, vs racing on equal machinery.....the way the class was originally intended. Not blaming you guys, but even you know it's not fair.....
Hopefully CCS figures this much out. If not, at least I haven't paid for my license yet!!!!

roadracer162

Quote from: Jiggyfly on February 25, 2012, 06:12:08 PM

Really? A Moriwaki against a Ninja 250? .....I guess for the guys that like to cherry pick & buy a race win, vs racing on equal machinery.....the way the class was originally intended. Not blaming you guys, but even you know it's not fair.....
Hopefully CCS figures this much out. If not, at least I haven't paid for my license yet!!!!

I'm fairly sure they have.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

CHIRINOM

Is that Steve and Morty giving us a hard time? Lol.

Guys,

The Morawaki's and 125's have a class already. Jump on board and buy Ninja 250's. They are a blast, they even the field, and cheap! If we eventually have our own Super Sport race, maybe I will buid a Migiwaki by dropping a 250 motor in my TZ and come after you in 125 GP.

So far we have an awesome Ninja 250 grid in Florida. We are 10 strong in with another dozen prospective riders looking to join in.

This season is going to be a blast!
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

Knedragon

Quote from: Jiggyfly on February 25, 2012, 06:12:08 PM

wow  :wah:  ... its all in good fun,for those that do know me know I wouldn't bother running the Moriwaki in that class!!There is no point and I have no point to prove to anyone.I'll just beat up some Thunderbikes though on the 250 of course  :spank:

roadracer162

Quote from: Knedragon on February 25, 2012, 11:07:27 PM
wow  :wah:  ... its all in good fun,for those that do know me know I wouldn't bother running the Moriwaki in that class!!There is no point and I have no point to prove to anyone.I'll just beat up some Thunderbikes though on the 250 of course  :spank:

Bring it!
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22