VIR Curbing

Started by bodie1331, December 15, 2011, 06:04:49 PM

bodie1331

Is there seriously no thread on here about the new VIR Curbing? I'm curious about other racers opinions. Personally I have marked them off my list for the season based on how they have handled the situation.
CCS MA AM 813 / Spiegler,Woodcraft, ASV Inventions, Bridgestone, Pit Bull, Track Tactics Trackdays

tug296

I'm not suprised at all, those people at VIR are like the current government, right in your face and hope you don't like it.
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

hdpromos

The same type of curbs were installed at the old Moroso track many years ago. I met with the owner and SCCA reps and we all agreed they had to go and they did. Same thing at Homestead and they were removed. Stupid for bikes and cars!

HD

fzr400tony

At least they are advising with Ron Barrick on how to solve the issue.

During his run at the AMA was he known for sound decision making and excellent pace car driving skills. :)

hdpromos

The only reasonable solution for this type of curbing is to remove it completely! This type of curbing is unacceptable for bikes or cars.

HD

Eric Kelcher

Ron may have been faulted for some things during his tenure but having dealt with him on safety issues i believe he will advise them in best interst of motorcyclists that use track( which he is one). He will advise them of options and they will make decision based on their timetable and money constraints.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

CounterSteerer

I can tell you from experience VIR already had questionable curbing. My torn MCL will vouch for me. It has seemed that U.S. tracks always forget about the safety of riders who race motos on their tracks in their design and updates.
CCS FL, ASRA
Jason Edmonds

MELK-MAN

yup, the ones there now are nasty. Jason, Steve Wener and others have had incidents with those.. the new ones being proposed are just stupid. Hope they get something sorted for all concerned!
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Eric Kelcher

Aaron Stevenson just posted on FB that issue has been resolved.
Yeah!
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Rick Johnson 29

Rick Johnson
Expert 29, ASRA 291, Wera 29
2011 SE Unlimited SS Champ                                                               
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000