new here sayin hi

Started by jiffyzx6, December 11, 2011, 02:39:36 AM

jiffyzx6

Hows it going, I'm John but everyone calls me jiffy. Just finished my rookie season with CCS SW here in Arizona. Probably the single best year of my life and met so many awesome people.
I ended up finishing the season with a few championships
#1 amateur middle weight supersport
#1 amateur middle weight super bike
#1 amateur middle weight gp
#1 overall middle weight (expert & amateur)
#2 overall amateur
I've got to say, not a bad way to end my rookie year :) since the start of the year I've gained a few sponsors, total seal piston rings, the helmet center, race tech suspension, vortexracing & hot bodies racing. I was also lucky enough to be asked to help out with the best local track day organization Xcel trackdays helping with all there promotion events and working the td events. Also my team satellite moto and teammate Justin Cardwell  will be traveling around to different tracks all next season preparing for a run at the ama in 2013.
I know this sounds like an advertisement but I've gotten so used to talking like this when promoting it's become second nature lol anyway just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully get to know some more fellow Ccs racers.

Fast Eddy

Welcome and congrats on a great rookie year.

Good luck on the next season (I think everyone is itching now, winter sucks up here)

Maybe we will see ya up at Road America some time. If not a CCS event maybe for the AMA's. I live 45 min south of it so I get up there a couple times a year. Some to ride some to watch.
Ed (AKA Dirt nap) CCS #102
http://www.southeastsales.com/
The liver is evil and must be punished!
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

jiffyzx6

Thanks bud... We just had are awards banquet this past Sunday and got some bad news... There canceling the 2012 ccs sw season here in Phoenix due to financial problems. Since this news I decided to run the cvma series at chuckwalla, possibly a wera round at Vegas and would love to do a ccs race with you guys! We're would I be able to find a schedule for your season maybe I can make my way up there and race one with you.

Burt Munro

Sorry to hear that about the SW Region.....  I was kind of thinking something might be changing when I didn't their schedule in the 2012 schedule updates that starting popping up shortly after the 1st of December.

The closest CCS Region for you would be the Midwest Region with races at Heartland Park in Topeka, KS, Road America in Wisconsin and Blackhawk Farms between Rockford, IL and Beloit, WI.
http://ccsracing.us/schedules/2012/mwschedule.html
Word of caution if you're looking at the races at Topeka and Road America.... Early April could get a little nippy in Kansas and even the first weekend in May could go either way, weatherwise at Road America.
Road America is definitely a 'Destination' track that everyone should ride at least once in their life.  4 miles of high quality, purpose built race track with some major elevation changes and enough length to the straights to let your bike stretch it's legs.
Hope you're able to find some good competition to feed your addiction!
Rick

Word of caution if
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

jiffyzx6

If I can afford to make the trip for road America I would definitely love to ride it! Everyone here is telling me I need to ride miller so I think that's on my list already. Maybe I can get a few of us to make the trip to race with you guys. What is the grid size like there usually? I also want to do the race of champions but I don't know enough about it yet or if I would even be eligible