News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Homestead!

Started by Gino230, December 05, 2011, 10:21:20 PM

Gino230

How did it go? Got any video? Post it up if you do!

I had a pretty fun weekend, got down to a 1:35 on the LW bike, a personal best....of course, everyone else put up great times as well, looks like the LW class will be highly competitive for 2012!

Also had the opportunity to try out Jason Edmonds' 848EVO, that thing was a blast! It was tough going back and forth, did 6 races Sunday afternoon, and those bikes are very different to say the least. I have a new respect for big bike riders, it requires a very different skill set and adapting is tough. That said it was great fun and I am looking forward to another opportunity to try it again.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

tug296

Gino, did you shoot video again, enjoyed watching yours from Daytona ROC.
Sounds like another great event at Homestead.
I'm still prepping the new to me bike, hopefully my back and other stuff will cooperate enough so I can make the Feb. race.
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

Gino230

No, I didn't :(

I was planning on it, I was also planning on editing in some video of the pits, grid marshals, etc. but I was racing two bikes and it was a pretty intense weekend. I had a bet going as to what kind of lap time I could do on the 848 I borrowed and of course I wanted a win in the LW classes- so with all of that I didn't want to distract myself with camera stuff. Of course now I regret that decision but oh well....

I had a bit of a laugh at Jon Srendi when his GoPro camera came flying off right in my face in the LWSB race. it stayed there in the braking zone for 6 the whole race, I told him I waved at it every time I passed by.....it didn't survive, and neither did the SD card so that sucks.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

leeroy996

I have a few videos Gino.  I'll try to put them together.