News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Road America critique

Started by GSXR RACER MIKE, April 27, 2003, 10:29:19 PM

Xian_13

As the weekend was coming to a close, and I was finding more and more speed out there...
I found on the last two laps in the kink, my rear tire was getting unsettled in a scary way.
Trust me I had the thought more then once or twice of what those walls meant, as the bike started sliding the rear more and more.
Can't they more the wall??? instead!
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

Super Dave

Behind the wall is a ravine, I guess, so you do need the wall there to "keep you in the field of play".  

I thought the weekend went well.  Friday and Saturday were pretty good, but Sunday took like seventy hours.  I think Kevin Elliott thought the same thing when I talked to him on Sunday.  Good amount of red flags. etc.  

But really it all went pretty well.

I don't really like RA myself, but I had a good time.  And the weather was great!

As for camping passes, you could camp over night on thursday and buy your pass on Friday...they were ok with that.
Super Dave

sdiver68

My opinion on the kink...It's fun at 120...it's scary at 135...unfortunately to be competitive 135 is the speed you need to be at.  I won't miss it, but it was fun...

1st call is almost always done at the riders meeting for race 1 ???  If you are in race 1 you should be suited up and almost ready at the meeting.

Maybe because I have a son I didn't mind and in fact encourage the children running around and having fun...it's just bad parenting to be letting them do that in dangerous areas consistently though.

Siebkens was a cluster...everyone was jockying for position like it was turn 1!  ;D  What do you expect  :)

The announcers weren't perfect...but at least they had them and were generally entertaining for the spectators.  90%+ of the people there didn't know any better some of the factual errors!
MCRA Race School Instructor

Woofentino Pugrossi

On the announcers, they were talking about Aprilia RS250s and saying how anyone can go buy one from an Aprilia dealer to ride around on the street. I about fell over laughing. I wish someone told those two that 2 strokes made after 86 are not street legal unless under 100cc's. ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

sdiver68

Actually, Rob, there are quite a few street legal Aprilia RS250's running around.  However, it is not as easy as running down to the Aprilia dealership.
MCRA Race School Instructor

Super Dave

Quite a few?  Like 50?  Still a small number, I'm sure.  Probably a lot more RZ350's still running around.
Super Dave

Eddie#200

I agree with calls to grid being to close together.  I had to start my first Sunday race from the pit road because the 3rd call was seconds after the second call.  The 4 board came up seconds later.  Still placed 6th!   ;D  

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteActually, Rob, there are quite a few street legal Aprilia RS250's running around.  However, it is not as easy as running down to the Aprilia dealership.

I didnt say it wasnt possible to get one registered. I've seen a RS on the street. But according to the EPA, 2 stroke streetbikes are not allowed technically. To a DMV worker, RS, NSR, RGV and such are just letters and they have no idea what they are registering for someone.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod