TRANSPONDERS!!!!!!!!

Started by Nate R, April 27, 2003, 07:29:34 PM

Nate R

For you anxious ones, I saw MANY little yellow transponders at Road America today  :D  

Soooo, racers.....how were they? Could you get lap times?

Anyone got measurements? Like hole dia and seperation? Did they supply bolts/nuts with that bracket? Did you have to buy the bracket?
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Xian_13

Hi Nate,
They posted fasted lap of practice on Sunday...
they give you the bracket, but not bolts (I zip tided mine on)
Extra brackets are 5 dallors and you keep them ;D
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteFor you anxious ones, I saw MANY little yellow transponders at Road America today  :D  

Soooo, racers.....how were they? Could you get lap times?

Anyone got measurements? Like hole dia and seperation? Did they supply bolts/nuts with that bracket? Did you have to buy the bracket?

Not meaning to sound like Bill at the racer meetings over the weekend, but they are TRANSMITTERS not transponders ;D! LOL

The dimension between the 2 slots is 3 3/32" and they are made for 1/4" or 6mm bolts (a 1/2" diameter washer will fit under the head of the bolt without hitting the edge of the bracket). Tech told me they prefer to have the bolt pattern from side to side on the bike. I mounted mine front to back because the bracket seemed to spread open if I had it the other way. Either way make sure and have some zip-ties with you because you still should strap the thing into the bracket for extra hold. If you lose the thing (while racing or otherwise) you have to pay them $250 for it! If you forget to turn it in before you leave the event you pay $250 plus a $100 fine!
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

StumpysWife

So you can understand how important it is to return the transponder, Stumpy hit the wall at the kink going about 140mph Sunday and after he got up a-ok, the first thing he yelled was "My transponder's gone!!!!"  He found it , and so now that $350 bill is not an issue  ;).  I'll let Stumpy tell about his encounter with the air fence so I don't get called "lips" or "mouth" or "yackadackyl" or anything.   ;D

TZDeSioux

QuoteSo you can understand how important it is to return the transponder, Stumpy hit the wall at the kink going about 140mph Sunday and after he got up a-ok, the first thing he yelled was "My transponder's gone!!!!"  He found it , and so now that $350 bill is not an issue  ;).  I'll let Stumpy tell about his encounter with the air fence so I don't get called "lips" or "mouth" or "yackadackyl" or anything.   ;D

Was that during the middleweight GP race?

StumpysWife

SliderPhoto

QuoteSo you can understand how important it is to return the transponder, Stumpy hit the wall at the kink going about 140mph Sunday and after he got up a-ok, the first thing he yelled was "My transponder's gone!!!!"  He found it , and so now that $350 bill is not an issue  ;).  I'll let Stumpy tell about his encounter with the air fence so I don't get called "lips" or "mouth" or "yackadackyl" or anything.   ;D

Uhm, that wasn't the first thing he said.  ::) ;D

SliderPhoto

Yeah, everyone says, "go down to the kink" that should be a great place to get photos....  ;D

Sometimes I think I'm a magnet. :)  The corner worker asked me why I pushed him down. :)

Someone asked me later if I had got hit, I guess the anouncer said something about a photographer getting hit. Hope he was talking about me, because I was fine--hope no one else got hurt.

Chef

QuoteUhm, that wasn't the first thing he said.  ::) ;D

no,  that doesnt sound like " TRAAAANNNNSSSPOONNNDEERRR "  to me,
nah uhn.....

that sound more like  SSSHHHHHH*******************************TT....

or maybe (like me  :) )

(kinda cool and a lil quiet)      o- sh*t ....

hey Stumpy,
that # 40 guy was gonna slow down at the next turn (CANADA CORNER baby!) you shoulda taken it easy  ;D (or just settled for 3rd)

naah, just razzin ya, was good to come by and see you ok and in good spirits!
and also for the record, last year this time (good for me, Jack wasnt there, and that i didnt hit the wall, i dont think the air fence was there)
 when i straightened it up i found myself in the grass, panic'd (didnt ride it out) and got tossed down the strait...head over heel over head over heel over head....
but like you (winded) i was smilin  ;D ...grinin, cuz it was FUN!!!

am i bad???

ike ;D

nice shot's jack !
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

Chef

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? HUH ???

when did transponder grow a thingy ???
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

Dawn

Quote??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? HUH ???

when did transponder grow a thingy ???

When you expanded the word you spelled p o o n in transponder.  

p0on = poon

Dawn   ;)

stumpy

Ya I tried takin' the SuperBike Ike School this weekend. In the GTU I was Takin your lines but to no avail I went off the track then in the GP, I figure you'd slow it down a little and just let me learn but I guess not ; Whats a Stumpy to do......O.K. I'll do like you said and slow it down a bit...I had sooooo much fun though ;)      Sorry Ike I like Dave's School better. MUCH, MUCH Safer!! 8)
Greg "Stumpy" Steltenpohl
www.teamstumpyracing.com