News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

wow, that was fun.... :-)

Started by Pit_Girl, April 27, 2003, 07:08:29 PM

Pit_Girl

just wanted to say "hey" again to everyone i met today :)  i hope everyone had a great (and safe) weekend.  i had a blast (and no, not of the buell variety, lol).... but geeze, was that sun bright enough?.... right now i am a healthy shade of lobsta.... :-/

so.... (do i dare ask) how did everyone do?

-jennifer

KBOlsen

Saturday was great... finished last in both HWSS and ST - but hey, I FINISHED!!!!  And even better - I was never alone... there was always someone to chase.

Sunday, on the other hand, started out well but went to crap when my clutch "went away" on the 3rd lap of SuperTwins.  We thought we'd fixed the problem when I went out for HWSS, but by the time I'd completed the warm-up lap and got to my grid position, I had no clutch AGAIN and had to be pushed off. :(  Guess we've got STILL got work to do.

Good news is, I didn't crash!
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Steviebee

CONGRATS ON THE DIDNT CRASH PART  
I gota strive to acomplish that !!
sry bout the caps.    
bummer bout the clucth being messed up.

tshort

Yes it was - what a blast.  Perfect weather.  Awesome track.  Great people.  And *lots* of racing.  I went a little overboard, I think, being my first race weekend and all, and entered 11 races.  The goal was pretty straight forward:  learn the bike (new), learn the good racing lines on the track (not new, but not done), finish every race (i.e., don't crash).  Placing?  Fuggedaboutit.

How'd we do?  Were it not for the stack of wood still in my truck, I wouldn't believe it:  11 races - 11 places - mostly seconds, but one first :o.  Who knew?  So, yeah, I had fun.

(Kim - did the rubbing work?? :))
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

TZDeSioux

tshort.. congratulations! You were in the Lightweight classes yes?

tshort

Well thank you!  

Yes, I was in lwss, lwsb, lwgp, t-bikes, F40 ( ::)), GTLights.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

KBOlsen

Look out everyone... there's a new LW AM to watch!!!

Congratulations, Tom!
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Dawn

QuoteHow'd we do?  Were it not for the stack of wood still in my truck, I wouldn't believe it:  11 races - 11 places - mostly seconds, but one first :o.  Who knew?  So, yeah, I had fun.

(Kim - did the rubbing work?? :))

Congratulations!

By the way, is that a 650 SV or a 700 SV that you're running?

Dawn   :)

tshort

QuoteCongratulations!

By the way, is that a 650 SV or a 700 SV that you're running?

Thanks, Dawn and Kim.  

The guy I bought it from told me it is a bone stock SV650, except for the pipe and visible mods (pegs, clipons, bodywork, etc).  No engine work, stock air filter.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

Dawn

QuoteThanks, Dawn and Kim.  

The guy I bought it from told me it is a bone stock SV650, except for the pipe and visible mods (pegs, clipons, bodywork, etc).  No engine work, stock air filter.

What kind of gearing were you running, you were just pulling away from the entire field.

tshort

QuoteWhat kind of gearing were you running, you were just pulling away from the entire field.

Just the usual stock 15/45.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

Protein Filled

Tom,

It was cool to meet you. I think you were riding real well for being your first weekend. I hope the tips helped. BTW, what ended up happening with LW supersport?

Edgar
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!