Ninja EX250 CCS Florida Region 2011 - 2012 Ultralight Thunderbike

Started by CHIRINOM, October 27, 2011, 01:31:48 PM

CHIRINOM

Just wanted to guadge the interest of Florida / South Florida racers looking to run Ultralight Thunderbike (Ninja / CBR 250 Class) This class would be very affordable and should lead to some pretty close racing. Please see our face book page www.facebook.om/specclassracing

Thanks!

Miguel Chirino
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

hdpromos

Miguel, looks like after almost a week, if any were interested, you would have heard from them by now! And that's about the same response I've heard on this subject!

HD

roadracer162

This is my showing interest. A full list of riders would be helpful, say maybe 20 riders.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

My wife's ninja 250 is race ready, I've been taking it to some Track days at hms.
My wife Sabrina and I are very interested on spec racing, and she would get her license and start racing in feb. If theres a class for 250's.  I'm looking for another 250 to join you guys. It will be so much fun!
I was just told about this topic on this forum, I guess I registered here some years ago, I didn't even remember about this place. I' think like me, many other people may be interested but don't  even know this forum exists.

Cab305

Yeah, this is me, joining your forum to support 250 racing.....

My "Thunderbike" is ready, I just need to get my license. Probably in  Dec or Feb.

CHIRINOM

Hey guys! Thanks for your posts, please keep them coming.

Henry, it appears that there is an interest but as Walter mentioned many racers do not regularly participate on the forums so are not aware that we are talking about this. What other type of media would you recommend to promote something like this? Maybe a press release in Road Racing World?

Here are some pretty recent press releases:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/157/5434/Motorcycle-Article/MotoUSA-Goes-Kawasaki-Ninja-250-Racing.aspx

http://blogs.sportrider.com/6332755/editorials/kawasaki-ninja-250-racing-a-small-bike-on-the-big-track/index.html

Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

James Bayles

Homstead 12/3/11 I can be there ready to race! and most likely one more individual. I could possibly prep one more 16in wheel bike, if an established racer was willing to ride it.

CHIRINOM

Hey James, Mark Tenn (Above) is in need of a sponsored ride. I heard that the older models have a little more power that the 08. It would be interesting to see how it performs.
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

ilikebikes

Hey just wanted to chime in and say I'm already looking for a 250r, and look forward to racing in this class. :thumb:

roadracer162

Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

il Falco

I'm interested in anything Lightweight!! I would love to get a couple of sessions under my belt and see what the motors have to offer and more important what feedback the suspension will give. I think a mix of

il Falco

I think a class of 10 - 20 riders consisting of a mix of seasoned racers and young and old newbies would be alot of fun and some exciting racing

500Twin

Quote from: majicMARKer on November 09, 2011, 01:09:32 PM
Except no tires for the 16 wheels.
Pirelli Diablo Scooter (nice and sticky), Bridgestone BT45's (great for wet track).

I used the Diablo Scooters on my 1987 Ninja 250, and the bt45's were my street tires.

As for the pre 08+ gen 250's they do make more power. You can use the front end and swing arm back from a 94+ ex500 and utilize the 17"

I need to take a race school but i'm hoping mid season 2012 I can start in with the thunderbike/light weight super twins. I have an 89 Ninja 500 with a 94+ engine. 16" wheels/Sv 650 Shock/progressive fork springs.

CHIRINOM

Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

Jiggyfly

I'm in SC, but might cruise down & hit a race if it fits my schedule.

stickboy274

The 250's are a blast to ride. I did a one hour stint on one at tally during a 250 endurance  race. You can get a kit to fit the new wheels on the old forks/swingarm as long as the rules allow it. I think the kit is affordable.
Stickboy Racing 803-413-0721
Bridgestone/Dunlop Tire Rep.
www.stickboyracing.com
FB: Stickboy Racing

CHIRINOM

I know many following the class did not ride due to it being the last race of the season but we had our first unofficial Ultralight Thunder bike race today at Homestead Speedway. James Bayles, Roman Roca, and I gridded at the back of the Thunder bike class and had an out right battle. Congrats to James for taking home the win!

Although a small displacement motorcycle, I am impressed with the corner speed of these things. Some of the larger bikes were actually messing with our drive at race pace. These bikes handle, regardless if it is an older 1st gen (pre 2008) or 2nd Gen (2008+)

I hope to see you out there next year!

Those of you who are interested in racing with us, Please remember to like spec class racing on Face book or visit www.specclassracing.com for updates.
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

CHIRINOM

We asked and they listened! I was just informed that the Ultralight Thunderbike (EX250 / CBR250) class will be run at all the CCS Florida events as well as the CCS Main office Sanctioned events in 2012! The Florida region Ultralight Thunderbike class will be split Am / Ex and most likely paired with another light weight class, depending on grid sizes.
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

hdpromos

We will start by combining Ex/Am Ultralight Thunderbike and will monitor the numbers.

HD

Gino230

Henry,

Why not let them run their own race alongside the vintage race or some other class where closing speeds won't be an issue? Might allow more racers to run the class, since several people above are already competing in the LW classes.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

hdpromos

Quote from: Gino230 on December 22, 2011, 05:03:10 PM
Henry,

Why not let them run their own race alongside the vintage race or some other class where closing speeds won't be an issue? Might allow more racers to run the class, since several people above are already competing in the LW classes.

I'm afraid that with 19 races in a day (not including vintage, which runs 3 or 4 races a year) for a class that is new, does not warrant a race by themselves. They will run with the 125's and Ultralight Superbike.

HD

vance

Hello everyone!
This is great news!  I'm not active on the forum, but have raced with CCS in 2010 and WERA for several years now.  I have a friend who just picked up a 250 and is interested in trackdays/racing and I've been searching for an alternative to my EX500 I use in Clubman and DSB for the WERA events to have here in FL for CCS.  My search begins today for the 250!
This will be an excellent fit, imo, and am happy to hear you guys are bringing the class down to South Florida!  I look forward to getting back on the grid with the CCS crew.

CHIRINOM

Quote from: vance on December 23, 2011, 03:47:38 PM
Hello everyone!
This is great news!  I'm not active on the forum, but have raced with CCS in 2010 and WERA for several years now.  I have a friend who just picked up a 250 and is interested in trackdays/racing and I've been searching for an alternative to my EX500 I use in Clubman and DSB for the WERA events to have here in FL for CCS.  My search begins today for the 250!
This will be an excellent fit, imo, and am happy to hear you guys are bringing the class down to South Florida!  I look forward to getting back on the grid with the CCS crew.

Hi Vance, look forward to racing with you! FYI not sure if it was available in 2010 but CCS Florida is now offering a track day session to those who are testing or not ready to race just yet.

Miguel
Miguel Chirino
SPECCLASSRACING.com

vance

Quote from: CHIRINOM on December 23, 2011, 09:36:38 PM

Hi Vance, look forward to racing with you! FYI not sure if it was available in 2010 but CCS Florida is now offering a track day session to those who are testing or not ready to race just yet.

Miguel
Is this a session during the race weekend?  If so, that's an awesome idea!
Also, I saw on the SoFla forum that there may/will be a 4 race season ran in sequence with the vintage series, but cannot seem to find those dates marked on the 2012 calendar...

hdpromos

Quote from: vance on December 24, 2011, 06:05:36 AM
Is this a session during the race weekend?  If so, that's an awesome idea!
Also, I saw on the SoFla forum that there may/will be a 4 race season ran in sequence with the vintage series, but cannot seem to find those dates marked on the 2012 calendar...

The vintage series has not announced their choices for race dates but we will post it when they do. Also track day practice gets the same number of practice sessions as do the racers (6).

HD

roadracer162

The vintage series will probably run like it did in 2011 with the first race in jennings
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

vance

Quote from: majicMARKer on December 25, 2011, 07:47:01 PM
The vintage series will probably run like it did in 2011 with the first race in jennings
Apparently I needed to keep reading...  I got as far as the suggestion to run the 250's with Vintage and immediately went to look for the vintage schedule.  Just picked up Walter's 250 and look forward to seeing everyone in Feb. at Homestead.