Making 2012 a racing year- Advice Please!

Started by Miticale, October 17, 2011, 05:18:05 PM

Miticale

After having done a few track days @ NJMP (Thunderbolt) I'm feeling for next season I'm interested in getting into some competitive riding and I've been told CCS is the place to come. I'm aware that I need to attend a race school in order to apply for a CCS license, but does CCS themselves offer the classes to take? haven't been able to find it anywhere on the site. Thanks!

buellracerx

http://www.ccsracing.us/forms/2011/misc/2011%20New%20Rider%20Packet.pdf - see page 2

After you complete one of the CCS-recognized racing schools you can buy your race license.

I took the Ed Bargy school last Feb at Jennings, highly recommend it  :thumb:

Miticale

proechel539

Darrell Proechel
CCS Ex # 76
02 SV-650, 06 GSXR750
proechel1@comcast.net

antirich

I would recommend doing a year of track days first, especially if you're running middle weight. Absolute does a mock race start with the racer's group, gives you a limited feel of what it's like.

Buzzing around at a track day is nothing like 50+ grid of 600s. Especially in turn one.

Gixxerblade

Quote from: antirich on October 31, 2011, 05:02:00 PM
I would recommend doing a year of track days first, especially if you're running middle weight. Absolute does a mock race start with the racer's group, gives you a limited feel of what it's like.

Buzzing around at a track day is nothing like 50+ grid of 600s. Especially in turn one.
That's why a year of trackdays is the last thing I would do/did. Get your feet wet and start racing right away.

roadracer162

Quote from: Gixxerblade on November 05, 2011, 04:41:01 PM
That's why a year of trackdays is the last thing I would do/did. Get your feet wet and start racing right away.

Agreed. You can always start at the back to avoid the mob in T1 on the first lap. If I had a choice of 20 track day riders or 50 racers? I go with the racers everyday.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

roadracer162

Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Gino230

CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

roadracer162

I don't know the attacker, but the control rider is French Eric.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Rick Johnson 29

Looks like Penguin roadracing school will have some dates at NJMP next yr. but are not finalized yet. They are at a few other tracks in the NE. Go to penguinracing.com to check it out. Also Cornerspeed.net does the school at Virginia Int. Raceway. I say do one of the schools and come out racing. Lots of fun. You can still do a trackday here and there to work on your skills if you want.
Rick Johnson
Expert 29, ASRA 291, Wera 29
2011 SE Unlimited SS Champ                                                               
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000

Cowboy 6

Don't forget the MARRC roadrace school at Summit Point.... Support the folks that work the corners to support you!
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com