News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Making 2012 a racing year- Advice Please!

Started by Miticale, October 17, 2011, 05:18:05 PM

Rick Johnson 29

MARRC is a great school as well. I did forget about them. Opps
Rick Johnson
Expert 29, ASRA 291, Wera 29
2011 SE Unlimited SS Champ                                                               
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000

R1Racer99

Quote from: majicMARKer on November 05, 2011, 11:01:28 PM
I don't know the attacker, but the control rider is French Eric.

Interesting comments below the video. They said he has been racing with CCS for three or four years and does tons of trackdays, then people get mad because they're calling him names and say it was just a mistake by a good rider. I don't know what those people are smoking but that was an idiotic move, I feel bad for the CR.

Miticale

Sorry for the incredibly delayed response- never got notification of response. Does CCS have a race school / program themselves? I'm running an '08 RSV so I'm assuming it won't be as packed of a grid if I were runner a 600. I had been told that I could attend CCS school on Saturday, complete it, and race sunday? I plan on getting a few days in at the beginning of next season to shake the cobwebs off and get a better feeling of what's going in re: to tire grip, suspension setup, body position. etc.

mattbnj

yes, ccs offers a race school. If memory serves me correctly they run them on Fridays at NJMP.

Cowboy 6

CCS does not run a school. However, check this link.

http://www.marrc.org/html_docs/rrs.html

The 2012 schedule is not up yet but there will be a school at Summit Point for the Memorial Day weekend. You do your school and get licensed during the practice day, then, you are good to go for the race weekend.

Not only is it convenient for you, but, you will be supporting the organization that provides the corner workers for your racing pleasure. It never hurts to support those who support you!
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

Miticale

What's your opinion on someone attending the school on a track they're not familiar with? I run intermmediate with all my groups @ NJMP (either track), but have never been to Summit. Not sure if I'm biting off more than I can chew learning a track & being in that type of riding mentality.

Cowboy 6

There are advantages to taking the school at a track you are unfamiliar with. First, the school is not about speed but about safety. Your lap times are irrelevant. Without any habits from a known track, you can focus on learning what you are being taught.

Summit only has 10 turns and is easy to learn anyway. Come on out and you will have a blast!

It's a lot cheaper too! Only $35 gate fee for the entire weekend and $20 for power (plenty of it too). That's it.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

mikendzel

Quote from: Cowboy 6 on December 08, 2011, 08:48:48 PM
There are advantages to taking the school at a track you are unfamiliar with. First, the school is not about speed but about safety. Your lap times are irrelevant. Without any habits from a known track, you can focus on learning what you are being taught.

Summit only has 10 turns and is easy to learn anyway. Come on out and you will have a blast!

It's a lot cheaper too! Only $35 gate fee for the entire weekend and $20 for power (plenty of it too). That's it.

Joe speaks the truth!