Doing away with double points

Started by Rick Johnson 29, October 04, 2011, 12:30:35 PM

Rick Johnson 29

I would like to see doulde point weekends go away. I don't like the fact that someone can miss several rounds, show up on a double point weekend or weekends and close up or take over the points lead in this way. I feel you should get what ever points you have earned that weekend and it not be doubled. This imo makes it too easy for someone that usually wins races to show up on the double point weekend and take the championship away from a rider that has made every round and is consistantly doing well but may not win every or most races. Just wondering how many of you feel the same way?
Rick Johnson
Expert 29, ASRA 291, Wera 29
2011 SE Unlimited SS Champ                                                               
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000

Wes07

I like the double point weekends. Really encourages a good turnout. Besides, if you think about it, with your competitors only doing the double points and you doing them all, gives you the ability to keep up. If they were forced to do them all too then you wouldn't do as well. I think if someone can win and not do every weekend, more power to them.
Wes Perry Ex. 352
Winner of 7 Championships in 2011
Sunwood Builders - Wayfair - Vortex - Dunlop - Motul

twilkinson3

More twin sprints less double points weekends - just my opinion

steve p

Yeah, more twin sprints so you can pay more and ride less.  At our last twin sprints weekend, it was such a debacle that races kept getting shortened throughout the day.  The last 4 or 5 races were a whopping 5 laps.
Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille

Cowboy 6

Don't forget twice the fuel and twice the tires! Yeah! 
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

GSXR RACER MIKE

The whole purpose of double points is to encourage people to race the events that are traditionally low turnout due to being either early or late in the season or the track being less popular or located further away from most racers in that region - without major event sponsors the only way to cover the cost of putting on an event is thru racer entries.

The flip side of the coin with any suggestion for change is you need to provide ideas for what the new method would be. If double points were removed from the schedule what do you suggest as a replacement method to encourage racers to show up and race at those events?
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Rick Johnson 29

Ok here is an idea. Maybe on a few weekends here and there CCS offers a small discount on races. CCS might lose a little money on the races but will make it up in gate fee's alone. Also maybe have a cheap race school for new racers to help get more new racers to show up. Say for example a racer wants to come race a certian weekend but funds are tight. If CCS was to offer a 15% discount on races then he or she could afford to come. They want to pre-register for 4 races which usually is about $245. With the discount it's about $210. So they save $35 which is usually about the gate fee for the whole weekend. So CCS gets that money back right there. To draw new racers maybe offer a race school for about $100 a student and give them half off their first two races. So if you had 20 racers show up that weren't going to be able to afford it before the discount and 10 new racers showed up that would bring about $8000 dollars or so if they all did 4 races each and the 10 new racers paid for the race school. If only half that showed up it's still $4000 more then CCS would have brought in with no discount and all those riders stayed home. Just an idea. I'm sure you guys have some more. Lets hear them.
Rick Johnson
Expert 29, ASRA 291, Wera 29
2011 SE Unlimited SS Champ                                                               
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000