News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

New to Thunderbike

Started by smokey999, September 28, 2011, 09:07:57 PM

roadracer162

Dave-The GSXR front is still an improvement over the stock SV forks or the modified stock forks for that matter. I always wondered about the numbers of the GSXR fork and seems you may be feeling the effects. I guess the only adjustable choice you have is the ride height which in turn can change some of your geometry.

Thunderbike to me has been a good mix of bikes with some old bikes competing against some of the current bikes. I've found that I am just as quick on my Ducati 800 compared to my '91 FZR600. I can;t fathom my Ducati 748 being allowed in the same middleweight class as the FZR600 because it is just that much better.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

apriliaman

A good front suspension on a SV if you want to upgrade is the R6S front end, R6 1999-2004 or the S of today.They are the same length as the SV forks also.
I use Pirelli on my bikes,they will give you a smoother ride and i can get 300mi out of a SC2 front slick and 200mi on the rear.Dunlop is a hard feeling tire and your suspension setting will be very different between the too.So ride what you feel that you like.Pirelli set that I use is $385.For me dot or slicks give me the same lap time,just the slicks last longer.On my Sv I use dot and use  them for 5 weekends,that is 2 practice and 2 races each.Thats alot of miles.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

apriliaman

The 749 is a great bike for thunderbike and is very fast if you can get the most out of it.
3 National Championships

roadracer162

Mark- It seems I get about the same mileage out of the Michelin. I was led to believe the Pirelli wear better then the Michelin. Is that the new stuff or the older stuff??
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

apriliaman

The  newer tires.The tires I've been getting this year are 2011 dated.
3 National Championships

catman

:boink: Ken Hall superbike italia did my SV suspension- I never Road a better set up bike... what a gas it ...was!