JEtskiing and Racing does mix!

Started by F2RGK, August 02, 2011, 08:48:37 AM

F2RGK

I really got a lot of weird looks when I pulled into PBIR this last weekend!   :cheers:
If you're not Smilin' while you're ridin', then QUIT!

GSXR RACER MIKE

I have a 750SX 'Stand-Up' only style Jet-Ski that I bought new back in '94 and have owned it ever since, currently I ride it on the local river about 4-8 hours every weekend. Not sure about a 'sit-down' style Ski, but on my 'stand-up' Ski it's a great way to develop an incredible sense of balance and control and it gives me a full body workout at the same time.  :thumb:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Woofentino Pugrossi

Had a 92 Yamaha VRX Pro. Sold it in 99 to buy my F2 for racing. Got sick of retards in cuddies up here riding bow high and nearly hitting everyone.  I had 3 boaters in one season nearly run me over from behind when I was going straight. And boaters complain about PWC's being dangerous.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

F2RGK

Hey Mike, get some UMI bars and a quick turn plate and you'll like that ski even more.  Oh, add a longer ride plate to it as well.  I can keep going.  Woof, I hear ya about the boaters, but there are other places to ride to avoid that non sense.  Atleast you got the right ride, an F2!   :cheers:

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: F2RGK on August 02, 2011, 09:43:55 PMHey Mike, get some UMI bars and a quick turn plate and you'll like that ski even more.  Oh, add a longer ride plate to it as well.  I can keep going.  Woof, I hear ya about the boaters, but there are other places to ride to avoid that non sense.  Atleast you got the right ride, an F2!   :cheers:

I replaced the handle pole last season with an AC Racing aluminum one that's -2" shorter, now it's so much easier to do submarines, jumps, and plane out - LOVE IT!!! I've been considering a longer ride plate to help with porpoising in certain water conditions on the river, but I don't know if I want to go with the quick turn steering plate if it would make the ski overly sensitive to steering input when just cruising.

I also have to agree about the lack of common-sense I'm seeing on the water currently - is society getting collectively dumber or are morons the only people who can afford to buy boats and Jet-Ski's currently? I'm seeing lots of people doing really stupid stuff, as an example last weekend I saw 3 boats following each other in a line at a pretty good speed down the river without a whole lot of distance between them, what took the cake was that all 3 of them were pulling inner tubes behind them with their kids on them! I saw that and thought to myself: "There's Natural Selection hard at work!"  :banghead:

Woofentino Pugrossi

Mike the rock river in rockford still have the speed limit of 40? One of the problems we had up here is people coming up from areas with a speed limit to here where there isnt one. Hell some asshat brought his 36-40' deep-V out on the river here. Ever see someone have to Y-turn a boat to go the other way? I'm not even gonna go off on the AquaJays and their asshat ways. Fuckers think they own the Rock River.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on August 03, 2011, 12:25:30 AMMike the rock river in rockford still have the speed limit of 40? One of the problems we had up here is people coming up from areas with a speed limit to here where there isnt one.

I believe the speed limit here is 45 on the Rock, but I'm safe either way since the (stock) top speed of my Ski on glass is only in the low 40's with a 125 lb rider - I would probably be lucky to do mid to upper 30's on glass.

The thing I hate about riding in Wisconsin is the DNR and some of their crazy ass laws. No wake within 100 feet of the shore, any object, or another watercraft (even if it's moving)? Are you kidding me, that would make it almost impossible to even use the Rock River here in Rockford! About 10 years ago my friend got nailed for that one on Lake Kegonsa in Wisconsin, never having heard of such a law he took off from about 50 feet out from his relatives dock and started riding about 50 feet to the side of his Father in Law who was also riding a Jet-Ski. He got pulled over by the DNR and given 2 tickets, 1 for creating a wake within 100 feet of his relatives dock and 1 for creating a wake within 100 feet of another watercraft - I believe the fines totaled something like $350!  :err:

F2RGK

Well atleast you don't have to worry about Manatee's and our B.S. 25mph speeds on the caloosa hatchee (snatchee) river here in Fort Myers.  A few years back some evil genius decided to ban the building of new docks because they said it affected their lives.  Really People?  I remember a ton of bumper stickers saying,"Docks don't kill Manatee's!"  It didn't last long. 

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: GSXR RACER MIKE on August 03, 2011, 11:21:34 AM
The thing I hate about riding in Wisconsin is the DNR and some of their crazy ass laws. No wake within 100 feet of the shore, any object, or another watercraft (even if it's moving)? Are you kidding me, that would make it almost impossible to even use the Rock River here in Rockford! About 10 years ago my friend got nailed for that one on Lake Kegonsa in Wisconsin, never having heard of such a law he took off from about 50 feet out from his relatives dock and started riding about 50 feet to the side of his Father in Law who was also riding a Jet-Ski. He got pulled over by the DNR and given 2 tickets, 1 for creating a wake within 100 feet of his relatives dock and 1 for creating a wake within 100 feet of another watercraft - I believe the fines totaled something like $350!  :err:

That only applies to lakes. Hell I've zipped by a sheriff boat on mine. And quite honestly, DNR really should worry more about drunk boaters than how far someone is from shore or a pier.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141