MW points update??

Started by jigs, August 01, 2011, 11:33:42 AM

jigs

When will we see an update for MW points please??

gkotlin

I've been wondering the same thing.  I'd like to see the updates.
Greg K.
CCS MW Expert # 12
2000 SV 650 - 1989 FZR 400
Vinylsaurusrex.com - Cyclepath Racing - Safety First Racing - STT

jigs

truckstop

Speaking of, the .mht file used for overall points appears to not be Mac friendly. Clicking on that link downloads a file, which opens in Word and just says "This page uses frames, but your browser doesn't support them." Class points works just fine.

gixxer188

.mht files only work in IE because they are a stupid Microsoft archive format for websites.  I've talked to the CCS webmistress about this and how the pages do not open in anything but IE and really should not be used in a live production site.  She said it's due to the way she receives the files from Kevin.  That said I just tried to open them in IE8 and it does the same thing as in FF, Safari, Opera, Chrome, etc.

Quote from: truckstop on August 05, 2011, 10:18:08 AM
Speaking of, the .mht file used for overall points appears to not be Mac friendly. Clicking on that link downloads a file, which opens in Word and just says "This page uses frames, but your browser doesn't support them." Class points works just fine.
MadisonSBK.com Online Store
MadisonSBK Racing - Owner/Racer
2012 CCS Midwest Regional Formula 40 Champion
2012 Blackhawk Farms Raceway Formula 40 Track Champion

truckstop

Ack! They can't be saved in a different format or exported as a different type of file?

I tried in Firefox and Safari. Safari tried opening it in Outlook as an email.  :lmao:

It doesn't matter to me personally that I can't see it, since I'm sure I'm lost on the bottom of the list anyway, but I'd like to see how everyone else is doing. I'm not going to go hunt down legacy versions of IE to do it though.

TrophyGal

Works in IE8 just fine for me using WinXP pro

TrophyGal

Quote from: gixxer188 on August 05, 2011, 12:27:47 PM
.mht files only work in IE because they are a stupid Microsoft archive format for websites.  I've talked to the CCS webmistress about this and how the pages do not open in anything but IE and really should not be used in a live production site.  She said it's due to the way she receives the files from Kevin.  That said I just tried to open them in IE8 and it does the same thing as in FF, Safari, Opera, Chrome, etc.
While viewing the output in Internet Explorer I was able to Print to an Adobe file, essentially creating the file.

Everyone not using IE, and/or MAC user, please go to the Points Page on the CCS website and click on the "Download" link in the Mid-West points section.  Can you see it now?

ride_hard

The PDF is a empty table as far as I can see.

TrophyGal

Quote from: ride_hard on August 07, 2011, 10:16:01 PM
The PDF is a empty table as far as I can see.
Not a bit of text?  Well .. so much for that.  What are you using?  PC or Mac; firefox?

truckstop

The PDF worked for me. Thanks!

TrophyGal

Quote from: truckstop on August 08, 2011, 09:53:19 AM
The PDF worked for me. Thanks!
AWESOME!  It works in Firefox -and- Safari?