Rulebook 6.1.2 Section A.... Original forks?

Started by Rydell, July 08, 2011, 09:22:53 AM

Rydell

Quote from: CCS Rulebook
6.1.2 All motorcycles must meet the following requirements in addition to the
applicable requirements in Section 5.
A. Original equipment wheels, brake calipers, forks, frame, engine, fuel
induction system, and swing arm must be used.

http://www.ccsracing.us/forms/2010/rules/2010%20asra-ccs%20rulebook%20print.pdf

If I'm reading this correctly, that means in order to qualify for Supersport, you need to have original non altered stock forks for the bike being entered in the race. So if I plan to run a 06 R6 with upgrade fork internals, say FGK or whatever, I have to go to Superbike? Doesn't say anything about the rear shock, either? Thanks folks.
#19 Black suit / black bike

Gixxerblade

You have to use the stock fork as it states in the rules. It does not say anything about the internals components of the fork.

Rydell

So the "forks" are just the "tubes" and not it's internals. Gotcha.

I'm assuming since that's the case, the rear shock can be aftermarket as well - especially since it doesn't say anything. Just want to make sure I don't inadvertently break the rules on my first day with CCS.
#19 Black suit / black bike

GSXR RACER MIKE

Correct, you can change valving and springs on your OEM forks and the same on the rear shock if so desired or just replace the rear shock all together with something else.  :thumb:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

roadracer162

Quote from: Rydell on July 08, 2011, 04:08:05 PM
So the "forks" are just the "tubes" and not it's internals. Gotcha.

I'm assuming since that's the case, the rear shock can be aftermarket as well - especially since it doesn't say anything. Just want to make sure I don't inadvertently break the rules on my first day with CCS.

If you are gonna be winning then you will be called on breaking the rules. If you are at the back of the pack nobody will take notice.

As a general rule, if it's not in the rulebook you can do it. When it really matters is when you get protested. There are many that are stretching the rules a little but I haven't protested them.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.