Did I miss anything to pass tech?

Started by Motokonpo, June 12, 2011, 04:52:20 PM

Motokonpo

I know all this isn't required for CCS racing but here is the Safety Wiring list completed. Rear axle bolt, Front axle nut, Front axle pinch bolts (4x), Water pump drain nut, Coolant drain nut on the block (Cylinder drain), Oil drain bolt, Oil filter, Oil filler plug, Radiator cap. Coolant reservior nut, Large Oil Cooler nut, Crank/Oil plug on brake side of bike (on the case cover). "I will eventually do all brake components".  I have removed the kickstand and have AB race fairings to comply with the belly pan catch amount rule. Number plate in the front center and two on the rear side tail. Have my number placed on the chin of my helmet (Yellow square with black numbers). Water wetter in bike, Tire stem caps with rubber gasket, and Shell Rotella  :biggrin:, Missing anything????

Burt Munro

What shade of yellow did you use for the number plates?   :kissy:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Motokonpo

I used that yellow FX vinyl stuff you get at Cyclegear.

roadracer162

Tape wheel weights, run swith in working order, good brake lever feel, throttle returns unhindered, rear brake works and returns to a neutral position.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Eric Kelcher

Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Woofentino Pugrossi

If you race midwest, you can always bribe Burt.  :lmao:
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Motokonpo

Quote from: Eric Kelcher on June 12, 2011, 10:12:59 PM
Make model?case covers?

09 CBR 600rr. Per the rule book, the stock ones are okay. It only reference Yamahas and GSXRs...

Motokonpo

Quote from: majicMARKer on June 12, 2011, 10:01:48 PM
Tape wheel weights, run swith in working order, good brake lever feel, throttle returns unhindered, rear brake works and returns to a neutral position.

Mark

Was a track bike so those those basic/standard operating features is of non-issue. Tape on the wheel weight is a YES. I've been around the track some but just haven't raced. Figured what the hell let's try it.

Burt Munro

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on June 13, 2011, 12:56:08 AM
If you race midwest, you can always bribe Burt.  :lmao:
The only person I accept bribes from is Jason Farrell  :kicknuts:

(Anyone who knows me knows that this is a joke!)  :biggrin:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

roadracer162

Quote from: Motokonpo on June 13, 2011, 09:56:43 PM
Was a track bike so those those basic/standard operating features is of non-issue. Tape on the wheel weight is a YES. I've been around the track some but just haven't raced. Figured what the hell let's try it.

You asked so I gave some input. Sometimes the most basic tings gt over-looked. The track days here locally to me doesnt stress these areas that I mentioned so I figured I would anyway.

It's about time you did some racing. it is my belief that a race weekend is more safe than a track day. At least in my eyes and experience the track day particiants have a much more varied level of experience which becomes more difficult to discern from my seat as to how to predict that other rider. Race lines are different between the racer and the track day rider. So is the decision making process of the track day rider.

On your race weekend dont get caught up in what someone else is doing while riding but instead ride at what you are accustomed and build from their.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Motokonpo

Quote from: majicMARKer on June 14, 2011, 08:12:17 AM
You asked so I gave some input. Sometimes the most basic tings gt over-looked. The track days here locally to me doesnt stress these areas that I mentioned so I figured I would anyway.

It's about time you did some racing. it is my belief that a race weekend is more safe than a track day. At least in my eyes and experience the track day particiants have a much more varied level of experience which becomes more difficult to discern from my seat as to how to predict that other rider. Race lines are different between the racer and the track day rider. So is the decision making process of the track day rider.

On your race weekend dont get caught up in what someone else is doing while riding but instead ride at what you are accustomed and build from their.

Mark

I concur. Thanks for the tips. I'm sure it will help yours truly. Cheers...