News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

It's time to suck it up and buy our own transponders in 2012

Started by Greeny, June 02, 2011, 10:35:28 AM

George_Linhart

Quote from: gixxer188 on December 16, 2011, 09:32:23 AM
So why doesn't CCS just sell the old yellow ones to us that want them for less than the cost of a new blue one and rid themselves of their inventory?

I believe that CCS had leased these from Westhold and hence, do not own them an can not re-sell what they do not own.

Even if CCS did own these units (or perhaps has a bargain purchase option contained within the lease), it would make sense to me that these may make up the a significant portion of the rental fleet for that will be available at the track.

One one hand, it would be nice if all racing orgs used the same transponders.  However, given that these units appear much less expensive than the others, this isn't as bad as it could have been from an economics point of view if you only are racing CCS.

George

Eric Kelcher

Quote from: gixxer188 on December 16, 2011, 09:32:23 AM
So why doesn't CCS just sell the old yellow ones to us that want them for less than the cost of a new blue one and rid themselves of their inventory?

These were part of lease program, as stated before, and were signicantly more expensive units; $200+ not including charger.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

smoke54

will CCS be selling the new units for sprint and tc at the group buy prices or are we on our own?
tim

vnvbandit

Quote from: smoke54 on December 18, 2011, 07:20:31 AM
will CCS be selling the new units for sprint and tc at the group buy prices or are we on our own?
tim

The price for Pre-order on a Westhold Activated Transponder is $80. These units will be available for shipment approximately January 15, 2012. If you order your unit before January 15, 2012, standard USPS shipping will be included free of charge. After January 15th, standard shipping and handling rates will apply.
http://www.ccsracing.us/forms/2012/misc/2011transponder%20pre-order%20form.pdf
~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

nafterclifen

I'm willing to bet that CCS received a volume discount on their purchase of transponders but according to the pricing information they posted, they are not extending the discount to their members. Hence why license and entry fees remain the same this year, the transponder sales will create income.

vnvbandit

Quote from: nafterclifen on December 18, 2011, 07:19:32 PM
I'm willing to bet that CCS received a volume discount on their purchase of transponders but according to the pricing information they posted, they are not extending the discount to their members. Hence why license and entry fees remain the same this year, the transponder sales will create income.

That may be true, but they still have to buy the transmitters with back ups! I think the CCS crew did ok keeping the costs down. I didn't have to buy the AMD transponder!
~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

vnvbandit

~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

hdpromos

Quote from: nafterclifen on December 18, 2011, 07:19:32 PM

Since you are "willing to bet members are not getting discounted pricing" on transponders, are you suggesting "members" are getting ripped off by CCS? If so, "hence" you sir, are a God damn fool!

HD

gixxer188

No one ever said that any savings CCS may have received had to be passed onto us.  I think you're expecting too much.  Why not let them keep the extra to help keep costs down in other areas?  People that run businesses are in business to stay in business and that doesn't happen if they are always giving away the farm.  If you expect to always be able to buy stuff at dealer cost pretty soon there won't be anyone left to buy from because they can't stay in business on such low profit margins.

I'm all for buying at the lowest price possible but I also understand that businesses need to make a profit to stay in business.  And I'm more than willing to let them make a profit to do so.
MadisonSBK.com Online Store
MadisonSBK Racing - Owner/Racer
2012 CCS Midwest Regional Formula 40 Champion
2012 Blackhawk Farms Raceway Formula 40 Track Champion

steve p

Quote from: gixxer188 on December 19, 2011, 11:26:52 AM
No one ever said that any savings CCS may have received had to be passed onto us.  I think you're expecting too much.  Why not let them keep the extra to help keep costs down in other areas?  People that run businesses are in business to stay in business and that doesn't happen if they are always giving away the farm.  If you expect to always be able to buy stuff at dealer cost pretty soon there won't be anyone left to buy from because they can't stay in business on such low profit margins.

I'm all for buying at the lowest price possible but I also understand that businesses need to make a profit to stay in business.  And I'm more than willing to let them make a profit to do so.

As much as I dislike CCS and their practices, I agree with you.  CCS needs to make money in order to stay in business.  Economics 101
Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille

hdpromos

Quote from: steve p on December 19, 2011, 02:35:01 PM
As much as I dislike CCS and their practices, I agree with you.  CCS needs to make money in order to stay in business.  Economics 101

So, as much as you dislike CCS and their practices", "CCS needs to make money in order to stay in business"! Nice one, who say's you can't have it both ways?

HD