News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Question for CCS people re Jenning GP

Started by funksouljon, April 22, 2003, 12:26:19 AM

rpsez

QuoteRick,

The AMA has a bunch of longer races on their weekends. Why not just do that instead?

;D ;D

Yeah right! I get my a s s handed to me by you on a regular basis -- and the AMA guys play around alot less than even you!!  ;D

My feeble racing skills coupled with my feeble equipment: I'd be the guy that we all see on TV during the AMA weekends getting lapped on the 9th lap of a race!!

R

funksouljon

Quote By the way monkey-boy, nobody's twisting your arm to come race in our region...you could always skip a round. ::)

This is the type of thing I was trying to avoid with the thread. Unfortunately, all the Jennings GP weekends are considered combined SE and FL. That is why I asked CCS people if we can swap the "home track" back and forth.

I believe BadMonkey was trying to say the same thing that Rick said, he may just not of spelled it out enough. If when you run all races in one day, and on the first race you have a 30 minute delay due to red flags, and then you have again a red flag on the 6th race for 30 min, all the people at the end of the day get screwed out of laps and or races.

MighyDuc, if you have not seen a race shortened, then you have not gone to that many race weekends. It happens often. The advantage of the 2 day format is that it allows for scheduling flexability.

MightyDuc Racing

I completely understand Jon, and would personally not mind swapping occasionally to your format.  I kinda want to run a 30 min race some time.  Hopefully by now you know not to take me too seriously on the BBS boards. ;)  However, I still love our format, and my last race is number 13 out of 20...lol.  That's what those guys get in the Unlimited GP (race 20) for being so fast! ;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

gsxr694

I've seen saturday races at Roebling get pushed to sunday/screwing up Sundays schedule-so neither format is perfect-perhaps if people would stop crashing....It seems that most people that have a problem with the Florida region dont race here-hmmmm-why is that??? And since I work saturdays-the Florida schedule works for me.Just my opinion.

brian_gordon

The added problem at jennings is the late start time. I know they take lunch early but races dont start till 11.00-1130. Maybe a compermise would be 10 laps gt races on sat. afternoon and sprints on sunday. All the races crammed into sunday afternoon makes for a very long hectic day even without any delays. Almost everyone has a long drive home from jennings, if the races were split sat/sun we would have a much better chance of getting out of there at a decent time. Getting home real late on sun. night discourages a significant number of races as they travel with wives, kids, ect.

MightyDuc Racing

The races don't start till 11:00 at Jennings?  Ouch.  I thought we could get out at 9 am and get done with practice by 9:50 or so.  I guess you're right...meeting and stuff takes 1/2 hour or so...earliest would be like 10:30 or 10:45.  Maybe I won't stay for the trophies...lol.  Race 13 should be about 3:30 or so, I'm guessing.  I guess I'll only stay if it's for a win. :D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

StuartV666

QuoteHopefully by now you know not to take me too seriously on the BBS boards. ;)

MightyDuc, I think it would be a real shame if this BBS turned into the kind of mud-slinging, name-calling, whinefest that the WERA BBS (often) is. My suggestion would be to not post anything here that you wouldn't say to a large group of people, that you mostly don't know,  in person. This isn't your home, this is a public forum with a lot of readers and participants. Many of them won't be able to tell when you're just joking and shouldn't be taken too seriously, smilies or not.

- Stu

MightyDuc Racing

Lighten up.  I am somewhat serious in the majority of my posts, and I don't ever say anything I wouldn't say to a crowd of strangers.  However, most of my posts ARE aimed at people I know in here from being around it for a while.  I didn't realize this was a matter of life and death in here and we had to be super serious all the time...my bad. ::)
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

StuartV666

QuoteThe way it was originally explained to me is that more racers in Florida wanted the Sunday race day schedule than not because they could race all of the classes and not have to miss any work.

This is the explanation I have also heard before. I think Henry himself posted something to that effect last year. I have not run a CCS Florida region race before, but from what I've seen and heard, Henry runs a tight ship and the format is his response to input from the Florida region racers.

I think Henry is to be highly commended for all that.

However, I personally prefer the SE region format and that's one of the reasons why I live in Florida, but run the SE region schedule. I want to race all weekend, not just on Sunday.

And I don't really understand the logic of the people who "want" all the races on Sunday. It looks like a dog in the manger scenario to me. "If I can't race on Saturday, I don't want anybody else too, either." It's not like those guys would likely have less races they could enter, if the format were SE-style.

If the format were run SE-style, then the GT races would be on Saturday. Okay, so the guys who only come for Sunday don't get to run the GT races. Come on, how many of those ARE there, really? MightyDuc, do you really not show up until Saturday night? That would make one. And with GT races on Saturday, does that mean the Sunday-only guys have less races they can run in on Sunday? I don't know. It seems to me that if the GT races were moved to Saturday, then the Sunday schedule could then accomodate Am. Unlimited GP and Amateur Sportbike, which the SE region runs, and FL region does not. So for me, anyway, I would still run the same number of races on Sunday, but I'd also have a chance to run at least 2 races on Saturday also. And they would be nice long races, instead of 7 lap sprints.

As far as "value" goes, it seems to be a wash, to me. On an SE weekend, I would ride or race all day Saturday and Sunday, run 6 races, and pay $365 (for the particular classes I run). On the FL region weekend next week, I'll ride or race all day Saturday and Sunday. Probably get more actual track time, but much less actual racing, and my total cost is $275. It seems to be a fair trade-off. I just, personally, would rather pay more and run more actual races. Like Rick said, if I just want track time, I can pay $100 per day and run Open Practice all day, just about any time I want.

As I said, I think Henry is doing a great job of providing what his customers want. I just wish his customers would realize that it's a no-lose situation to run the weekend format like the rest of CCS does, and let him know that they would be okay with that format. At least, that's how it seems to me.

- Stu

MightyDuc Racing

I do show up Saturday morning for the weekends, or Friday night at Jennings.  But in the SE setup, how much practice would I get that way?  Being a new racer, I need all the practice I can get on a race weekend.  I was thinking of going to Roebling in June since Homestead was cancelled, but can I really learn a track with 2 practice sessions Saturday morning?  I can't afford to take off Fridays from work so I can get a day of practice, nor can I afford to run track days all the time between races, so I have to hope to practice and race the same weekend most of the time, that's all.  Again, I would not be totally opposed to the SE format, especially cuz of the longer GT races, but the FL schedule works just fine for me the way it is.  Are you gonna be at Jennings?  Be sure to come say hello if you are.  I'll be there Friday afternoon with a red Durango and white enclosed trailer with F&S Racing on the side.  AM #944...see ya there!
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

brian_gordon

Hey duck, I read your posts all the time, there fine, not sure what stu is taking about. The whole idea of these sites are to express your opinion. Henrys open to suggestions and if you ask him, he will tell you why he does things the way he does. It would be nice to have two days of racing spread out so the weekend would be more relaxed. What a number of florida guys do is pick some s.e. stuff and mix it in with the florida region. What I'm finding is people will skip there least favorite regional track and replace the date with something outside the area i.e. robeling, v.i.r. or barber.

MightyDuc Racing

Barber...<rubs hands together with an evil grin>...can't wait to go race there!  Probably next year due to money and time constraints, but oh yes, I WILL race there! :)
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors: