News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

hpt...so how was it this year

Started by gonecrazy, April 25, 2011, 12:44:15 AM

smoke54

2 board = no more forward movement.  should have stopped behind the novices or been meatballed if the facts are correct.
tim

Tornado Bait

I was the racer that came out last.  The 5 board was up when I entered pit-out and they waved me out.  Knowing I was the last bike out I hauled ass to get around to the grid.  When I came out of T14 I maintained a quick pace and was focused on the 2nd wave and not the starter because I wanted to get through as quickly as possible without hitting someone.  On the brakes hard I cleared the second wave then noticed the green flag was flying and the first wave was racing so I raced; from the back of the pack.  A couple laps in I saw the meatball flag out and assumed it was for me.  Before I got close enough to start/finish to read the # board they pulled it and the flag back so I kept racing.  No doubt discussions were going on with race control regarding appropriate action, but the race continued so I raced.  As far as I'm concerned I earned that second place.  I started from the back of the pack and worked my way passed slower racers to gain that position.  I can only assume the ruling was that even though I was moving during the 2 board the circumstances of my start did not give me a competitive advantage.  Another reason I feel I earned that second place is because I gave up a podium to Probst on a technicality after finishing in front of him the last race of the previous day.  Let me be very clear on this.  I have no grudge against any of my competition and consider you all to be my friends on and off the track.  I'm not going to argue the point here as it is non productive and won't change anything.  At the end of the weekend I feel I lost a podium and gained a podium due to circumstances beyond my control so its a wash for me.
Speed & Strength, BikeMaster, Vortex, E4S, Tucker Rocky
Cafe Racer Inc.
Tornado Bait Racing

benprobst

Quote from: Tornado Bait on April 27, 2011, 04:37:30 PM
I was the racer that came out last.  The 5 board was up when I entered pit-out and they waved me out.  Knowing I was the last bike out I hauled ass to get around to the grid.  When I came out of T14 I maintained a quick pace and was focused on the 2nd wave and not the starter because I wanted to get through as quickly as possible without hitting someone.  On the brakes hard I cleared the second wave then noticed the green flag was flying and the first wave was racing so I raced; from the back of the pack.  A couple laps in I saw the meatball flag out and assumed it was for me.  Before I got close enough to start/finish to read the # board they pulled it and the flag back so I kept racing.  No doubt discussions were going on with race control regarding appropriate action, but the race continued so I raced.  As far as I'm concerned I earned that second place.  I started from the back of the pack and worked my way passed slower racers to gain that position.  I can only assume the ruling was that even though I was moving during the 2 board the circumstances of my start did not give me a competitive advantage.  Another reason I feel I earned that second place is because I gave up a podium to Probst on a technicality after finishing in front of him the last race of the previous day.  Let me be very clear on this.  I have no grudge against any of my competition and consider you all to be my friends on and off the track.  I'm not going to argue the point here as it is non productive and won't change anything.  At the end of the weekend I feel I lost a podium and gained a podium due to circumstances beyond my control so its a wash for me.

It is what it is. I looked back and saw you werent there and knew I had 2nd locked up, so I cruised a bit and you caught and passed me. It wasnt the first time you passed me, but considering the gap I had at the start I think I could have maintained. IN the end its up to race control, I spoke with them and was a bit dis heartened to hear them say yes he (you) broke all of the rules and no we are not going to penalize him. But I hope they at least reviewed the decision. The only difference is I didnt break any rules to gain my podium, I followed them. That being said you rode great and I had fun racing with you, I never got my head right so unless the start of the race went well I was likely easy pickens. Its been a while since I was so dissapointed in my riding, but I look forward to racing with you in the future.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

Tornado Bait

Thanks, Ben.  Looking forward to our next race as well.

There you have it folks.  Both racers directly involved have spoken.
Cafe Racer Inc.
Tornado Bait Racing

benprobst

Quote from: Tornado Bait on April 27, 2011, 05:50:03 PM
Thanks, Ben.  Looking forward to our next race as well.

There you have it folks.  Both racers directly involved have spoken.

Yup, no righteous indignation or anything! (what a disappointment huh?) You were riding great this weekend, heading to BHF?
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

Tornado Bait

Trying to get at least one of the BHF rounds on the schedule, but most of them conflict with race dates in Texas.
Cafe Racer Inc.
Tornado Bait Racing

Greeny

something's up with the points.  it looks like they're doubled...

Germany

Quote from: Greeny on April 28, 2011, 05:33:55 PM
something's up with the points.  it looks like they're doubled...
I miss some...