News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

First race weekend

Started by jfboothe, April 18, 2011, 08:41:23 PM

jfboothe

I guess I am going to make it this weekend to HPT for my first race weekend. Going by myself so if anyone has any good tips for the track or setup (Duc 749) or most anything, feel free to share!  :biggrin: A few quick questions:

I have not pre-registered. Can I download the forms from the website and have everything filled out ahead of time or is it a different set of forms at the track?

About how many practice sessions do we get in on Friday and about how long are they?

Anyone else new this weekend? And anyone else doing the AM Thunderbike/LWF40 classes?

Thanks,

GSXR RACER MIKE

The 'Post Entry' forms you will use at the track are different than the online pre-entry forms and will be available at registration which has traditionally been located at the building just outside of the tunnel you go thru to enter the infield / pits.  :thumb:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Burt Munro

Schedule says you should get 2 rounds of practice in the morning for about 20 minutes each. (3 hrs of practice for 4 practice groups doing 2 rounds each). 

After lunch there is another 3+ hrs of practice for 5 groups before the Team Challenge race starts at 3:30. Expect to get about 15 min each for 2 rounds in the afternoon. 

If you haven't seen it, you can find the schedule here.......

http://ccsracing.us/schedules/2011/mw/hpt%20april%20schedule%20.pdf

Good luck!  :thumb:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

IFMracing

Making the trek!

Make sure to stop by and say hi!
GP AM CCS #28 ASRA #128
I.F.M. Racing

roadracer162

It will be tough making the practice sessions when post entering. There isn't a lot of time fro when you first get there, set-up your paddock and gear, register, tech line, tech and get out to practice. I always pre-enter to avoid some of the confusion.

I know it doesn't help to know that now but just expect not to get at least one practice. There is hope though. I suggest racing in the GT race just to get some track time. You will be starting from the back or near the back, and you will have 25 minutes to get sorted with a good race set-up. At least then you will have a better idea of which way the track goes and you could hook up with someone to give you a tow around the circuit.

Good luck
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

jfboothe

Am I missing something? Its a three day weekend with practice all day of Friday and racing sprints Sat/Sun afternoon and more practice Sat/Sun morning. I will be there Thursday night late. Is that enough time? And how late can I get in the gate to camp Thursday night?

Burt Munro

I haven't confirmed it for this year, but in the past getting in on Thursday night has been a problem at HPT. 

Usually depends on what or if they have anything scheduled Thursday during the day.

Generally lots of people camped outside the gate the night before.

Maybe someone on here already has the answer or I'll see what I can find out and post up.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

roadracer162

So I took a look at the CCS/ASRA website and clicked on the HPT link. There is also the schedule that shows Friday with 4 practice rounds, then TEAM Challenge in the afternoon. Saturday has 2 practice rounds and then your races, LW F40 and Thunderbike in the afternoon. Conceivably you could get 6 total practice sessions before your two races. My luck has been missing the first practice session unless you can set up on Thursday night. That would leave registration, tech line and tech on Friday morning before your practice also in the AM.

http://www.ccsracing.us/schedules/2011/mw/HPT%20April%20SCHEDULE%20.pdf
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Greeny

i've never post-registered before...  can i reg for my sat/sun races at 7am on friday, then?  or is that just registration for team challenge and the practice day?

jfboothe

I called HPT and was told they are not opening the gates for us until Friday at 7:00 am. Maybe someone has different info but that was what I got today.

roadracer162

I have never been there but I am only using speculation based on the schedules of other regional races.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22