News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

HPT

Started by jfboothe, April 11, 2011, 05:42:28 PM

jfboothe

I just got my race license in February and I am considering making the drive out to HPT for the first MW series race from Indianapolis. I have never ridden HPT and I have no one going with me. My other concern is that I plan to ride in the Amateur Thunderbike class and the Lightweight F40 class. Is there going to be anyone in these classes? I saw the CMP results and there were no Amateur Tbike racers and just a few LF40 racers. Are the grids really that small this year or was that a fluke?

Just trying to be sure I am making the right decision make that long of a drive for my first race to an unknown track. Thanks

Jim

jigs

Boy you'd think there would be,wait for some responses from those class MW riders but you can ALWAYS make friends at the race track....HPT is a really fun track too!!

grasslander

Last year the April races generally had 4-8 Amateur LW bikes in most grids.   Some of those folks moved to expert.  For sure if you don't stop by there will be one less on the grid.  Like Jigs said come on out a fun track and great people.  Be prepared for a cold wind once during the 3 day event.
CCS #413 CMRA #413
G-Baby Racing Endurance Team
2013 ASRA Team Challenge GTL National Champions
2015 US National Endurance Series LW National Champions