Missing PitBull front stand from CMP

Started by phillip, April 10, 2011, 01:27:15 PM

phillip

Some how my Pit Bull front stand disappeared from the Cornerspeed tech area Friday at CMP. I am hopping someone just borrowed it and forgot to returning it. If you happen to be that someone or know them please send me an email(p_doe@yahoo.com) and I can make arrangements to get it back. I hope everybody had a great time at CMP and I look forward to seeing ya at VIR.
Phillip
EX 56
Cornerspeed.net

PlayHard

Wow, what the hell is going on.  Missing items in the pits seems to be a trend this year.  A Pitbull stand went missing at Roebling along with a pair of gloves.  At Jennings a guys gps lap timer went missing from his pit.  Never thought I'd see the day we'd have to start locking our stuff up every time we walk away from our pit area. 
CCS / WERA EX #95

tug296

This is an ongoing problem at many tracks and for many organizations, AMA, CCS, WERA, etc.
I recall before Jennings was open, the local young grit pukes were caught vandalizing and stealing stuff, tore down the main sign out front, it was North Florida Motorsports Park then.
Locals might pay to get in and roam the isles waiting for racers to go out, then go through  trailers or trucks.

At Road Atlanta in the 80's I had stuff stolen from our pit, couldn't believe that fellow competitors would stoop so low, thieving turds are everywhere and I think most are locals that know many racers just leave wallet in pants on the trailer floor, like me, when your in a rush to make a session or race.

I suggest bolting a safe into your vehicle, keep wallets guns etc. locked in it, pain in the ass, but lock stuff up.
I many times had to travel alone, nobody to watch my stuff, learned to keep a magnetic hide-a-key box under the truck somewhere, as I locked the keys in there more than once.
Live and learn, sadly.
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

roadracer162

Quote from: tug296 on April 14, 2011, 11:31:53 PM
... turds are everywhere and I think most are locals that know many racers just leave wallet in pants on the trailer floor, like me, when your in a rush to make a session or race.
Live and learn, sadly.

I leave poop in my pants, does that count??

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.