News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Competing in the Atlantic Region?

Started by Jstu202, April 08, 2011, 05:19:01 PM

Jstu202

Sorry if this has been beaten to death, but I honestly searched and found nothing that answered my question. 

If I compete in the Atlantic region only, do I obtain points in that region only... or do they go to the Mid Atlantic region?  They put me down for the MA region saying that I cannot be assigned to the Atlantic region, but that I can compete in it.

I am just confused, Atlantic is a much easier region for me to work with..   curious if I can just compete in that and see how I rank in the end of the season standings for that particular region.

Hope I am making sense,

Thanks again,

John
CCS # 900

Cowboy 6

John,
Your region is dictated by where you live. However, your "home region" has no impact on points you earn or where. If you only want to compete in Atlantic, do so. You will be awarded full points and have the same chance at a championship as someone who lives next to NMJP.
However, some of the races there are both MA and Atlantic so you will get some MA points as well.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

roadracer162

John,

It doesn't matter what region you are assigned to. If you compete on a weekend where you earn points for three different regions you will have points for those regions.

Compete in whatever region you like and all your points will go to that region.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

banzai1

GSXR RACER MIKE

Really the main reasons there's individual regions is to create smaller areas of the country for people to race in and compete for championships, the other reason is the same racer number can then be issued for every region increasing the number of racers able to get a specific number (since there's more than 999 racers across the country and 4 digit numbers would be ridiculous). If you don't already know it there will be other racers in other regions who may have the same number as yourself.

Some race events are also 'combined' events with one of those regions being the 'hosting region', for example there were events in the past at Road America that were listed as being a 3 region event (MW, GP, & the now extinct GL region) combined with the National series (former FUSA, now ASRA) - so it was actually like a 4 region event (MW-GL-GP-FUSA). That event was hosted by the MW Region which means that the racers from the MW region should have priority in keeping their plate number as issued by CCS for that event, any racers at that event from other regions who have the same number as a MW region racer would be instructed by CCS to add or change a character on their number plates (like adding an 'X' or '1' with black tape just for that event).

At that event any racer who competed in one of the REGIONAL classes would receive the same points for their finish in ALL 3 of the regions listed for that event (MW-GL-GP), if they compete in any of the NATIONAL races at that event they would receive points for that class in ONLY the National region (FUSA). So at that event if you placed 3rd in a regional class like Middleweight Superbike you would actually be placing 3rd in that class toward the MW championship, 3rd in that class toward the GL championship, and 3rd in that class toward the GP championship. ANY CCS licensed racer could have raced at that event, if a Florida Region racer had wanted to travel to Road America in Wisconsin to run that event their more than welcome to do so, BUT they will only be earning points in the regions listed for that event (MW-GL-GP-FUSA), they WILL NOT be earning any points toward any championship in their 'Home' Florida region.

You can follow ANY region you want and earn championships in those regions if your good enough, the main difference in running a region other than your 'HOME' region is that if other competitors have the same number as yourself you might be modifying your number plates at a bunch of events (minimal inconvenience). Also be aware that if your an Amateur and looking to earn enough points to get 'bumped' up to Expert status that ALL points earned racing at CCS events thruout the season count toward that, not just points earned in your 'Home' region.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Jstu202

Awesome, thank you for the information. You all have been very helpful.

Cheers,

John
CCS # 900