News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Roebling Road Lap Times?

Started by miller_777, March 16, 2011, 01:00:27 PM

benprobst

Quote from: red900 on March 21, 2011, 09:26:55 PM
I heart Jake Lewis....

Jake is the man. Is he on your brand this year?
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

jigs

Dunlops...and an R-6...you doing HTP Ben?? Kick my ass??  Have a Beer?? Dustin...did you talk to Steve>> Dalton is on staff there and has reserved us 4 garages....you and Steve need on right....cuz' of the tires/machine and all...right...that's what I told him.

JimCohrs

Quote from: majicMARKer on March 21, 2011, 08:04:58 PM
Two weeks sometimes more. I sure do applaud Russel for his vomunteer work on the Myracingbio site.

I applaud Russell as well for his work developing MyBio but... In the spirit of honesty,  we are still waiting for lap times from last year.  I assume I should stop checking :o)...   On a serious note - CCS...... please lets get a system to record our laps OR.... maybe pay Russell for his work.     
:whine:
Jim Cohrs
Expert #5
Yamaha R6's
Livengood Motorsports, Cycle Gear, Suwanee Clinic,
Pit Bull, Lockhart Phillips, Sharkskinz, Dunlop

Apriliapilot

Wow! I guess no good deed goes unpunished! whatever happened to keeping your own lap times if they are that important to you, that way you have no one to complain about. logbook, stopwatch problem solved.

benprobst

Quote from: gsxrpilot on March 22, 2011, 11:18:38 PM
Wow! I guess no good deed goes unpunished! whatever happened to keeping your own lap times if they are that important to you, that way you have no one to complain about. logbook, stopwatch problem solved.

What happened to it being 2011 and every other org tracks lap times and information for its competitors? Its not just about your current times either.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

Apriliapilot

This is getting more weraish by the minute, at the heart of the matter is people wanting the means to have have others to view their lap times, plain and simple. for whatever reasons, for me I don't get it, but for each his own. In 1994 and ever since we have always used logbook and timer, then kept info, my lap times were my business, whether they improved or not I never felt the need to share them with the world other than team members who need to know. I think you guys will be very surprised to find out how little others care about your lap times, nothing personal,
been around long enough to know.
good luck this season!

50Joe

CCS could switch to AMB transponders.  WERA and AHRMA use them and mylaps.com is a great website.   However, both of those oragnizations require you either rent or buy the transponder so be careful what you wish for.

For the record, I recently installed a new dash unit on my bike with on-board lap timer.  I didn't set out the timing transmitter at RRR because I thought I'd get lap times from CCS.   I'll be sure to set the transmitter out from now on.
CCS SE Expert #25
ASRA Pro #25
WERA Expert #2
AHRMA # x22
Motul, Bridgestone, Fast From The Past, Cycle Gear, Foothills Motorsports, Integrity Tool

vnvbandit

I predict that AMB transponders are in CCS's future.
~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

50Joe

Quote from: gsxrpilot on March 23, 2011, 11:24:20 AM
This is getting more weraish by the minute,   I think you guys will be very surprised to find out how little others care about your lap times, nothing personal,
good luck this season!

I like to review competitors lap times so I know how I stack up against them.   I'm new to CCS and knowing your competition and how they ride is part of racecraft.  Knowledge is power.

CCS SE Expert #25
ASRA Pro #25
WERA Expert #2
AHRMA # x22
Motul, Bridgestone, Fast From The Past, Cycle Gear, Foothills Motorsports, Integrity Tool

roadracer162

Quote from: 50Joe on March 23, 2011, 12:49:27 PM
CCS could switch to AMB transponders.  WERA and AHRMA use them and mylaps.com is a great website.   However, both of those oragnizations require you either rent or buy the transponder so be careful what you wish for.

For the record, I recently installed a new dash unit on my bike with on-board lap timer.  I didn't set out the timing transmitter at RRR because I thought I'd get lap times from CCS.   I'll be sure to set the transmitter out from now on.

I too used a timing system of my own, it was the Go Pro HD which I then timed the laps at my leisure and it was dead on to what CCS had posted as the fastest time. I got to see what slowed me and at what particular section of the track, it also allowed me to see where I improved. Some of my fastest times were accomplished all on my own and not following or chasing anyone else.

Is it the AMB that AMA used at Daytona? Didn't they also have some timing and scoring issues?

I do like the little blue transponders that are in the test mode.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

roadracer162

Quote from: gsxrpilot on March 22, 2011, 11:18:38 PM

Agreed.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

JimCohrs

Quote from: gsxrpilot on March 23, 2011, 11:24:20 AM
This is getting more weraish by the minute, at the heart of the matter is people wanting the means to have have others to view their lap times, plain and simple. for whatever reasons, for me I don't get it, but for each his own. In 1994 and ever since we have always used logbook and timer, then kept info, my lap times were my business, whether they improved or not I never felt the need to share them with the world other than team members who need to know. I think you guys will be very surprised to find out how little others care about your lap times, nothing personal,
good luck this season!

This is awesome..   For whatever reason people want to view their lap times it's their prerogative!  If the system is not going to be used then CCS needs to stop advertising as a tool for racers, including benefits (link off their main page).  It should say, if you want your lap times, get a stop watch and a log book and find someone to stand there and fill it in for you.  Of course that may not go over well to racers thinking about joining this organization over others.  So.... If you like/need to race with small grids, then I agree in maintaining the mentality that we should be operating like its 1990.   :cheers:
Jim Cohrs
Expert #5
Yamaha R6's
Livengood Motorsports, Cycle Gear, Suwanee Clinic,
Pit Bull, Lockhart Phillips, Sharkskinz, Dunlop