News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Schedule for Jennings?

Started by StuartV666, April 21, 2003, 07:14:04 AM

StuartV666

Is there an online schedule for Jennings GP (the track formerly known as North Florida Motorsports Park) at the end of next week somewhere?

Am I remembering correctly that Henry DeGouw will be running this event and the schedule is practice all day Saturday and all the races on Sunday? If so, does practice on Saturday cost extra? If so, how much?

And also, if all races are on Sunday, does that mean there are no GT races?

Does that mean no practice on Friday? If there is practice on Friday, how much does it cost?

TIA.

- Stu

hdpromos

The practice on Friday is run by Jennings GP. We offer all day practice on Saturday. There are three groups that rotate all day. You will get 6 to 8 rounds of practice (last month they got 7) for $75. On Sunday we run all races including GT's and all are 7 lap sprints. The cost is $50. per class. You have until Tuesday April 29th to pre-enter and must be sent to me not CCS in TX. No credit cards accepted and checks will be deposited the day after the races. I hope this answers your questions. If you have any more please contact me at your convenience. Or ask the questions here as others would like to know.

HD

ExpressRacing

Thanks for the information.  Two questions:

What is the cost to camp?

What is the race schedule for Sunday?

Thanks,

Doug

MightyDuc Racing

No camping inside the gates at any Florida Region races.  There is a Days Inn at Exit 5 in GA (Lake Park, I think) for $39 a night..just tell them your with Jennings GP races.  (229)559-0229  I don't have my schedule here at work or I'd fax it to ya.  Something like this...Saturday practice all day...Sunday morning  1 practice session for each group, then ... 1.EX GTO, 2.AM GTO, 3.EX/AM GT Lights, 4.EX GTU, 5.AM GTU...lunch...then 15 more races in the afternoon.  Sorry, don't know the exact lineup except race 10 is AM/EX Lightweight GP and Combined Middleweight Sportsman, and race 13 is AM/EX Supertwins.  Hope this helps.

Henry....7 lap sprints instead of 6?
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

hdpromos

Mighty Duck, you did pretty good! Thanks for giving out the info on CCS at Jennings. The races have always been 7 laps at Jennings. As far as the question about camping there. Camping is allowed on the property but not inside the paddock. That is because we want the pit area secured overnight without the worry as to who is going in and out of the paddock. All the major tracks do this and we find it safer for everybody involved. I look forward to seeing you all at Jennings.

HD

MightyDuc Racing

Just found out from Fat Bloke that Friday practice is $100 at Jennings on May 2.  See him on the Jennings Forum for more info, or he may drop by this one.   www.jenningsgp.com
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

MightyDuc Racing

Hey Henry...you'd be amazed at what you can pick up when you spend the entire Sunday having to sit out and watch, and then spend the following round at home waiting for a motor...lol. :P
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

hdpromos

Mighty Duck you have really got the "fever". It's you and people like you that remind "old veterans" like me of the tremendous enthusiam that is still in this great sport.

HD

MightyDuc Racing

:)

Can't wait...two more weeks till Jennings.  Do you have any idea how many AM LW bikes you have pre-entered for GT Lights and Lightweight GP and maybe even AM Supertwins?  If you are too busy, I understand, I just heard there will be a pretty big turnout and was wondering.  Hopefully it's a bunch!  TIA!
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

hdpromos

Mighty Duc you can count on a very good turn-out.

HD

MightyDuc Racing

Awesome!  Now I just gotta figure out where I'm gonna shave off 10-13 seconds from the first time I went there...lol. ;)
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

MightyDuc Racing

By the way Henry, did you see the article in Road Racing World?  I gave you a quick plug, I think.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors: