Looking forward to RRR

Started by 50Joe, March 11, 2011, 10:55:17 AM

50Joe

This will be my first weekend with CCS after racing 9 years with WERA.  I'm only racing Sunday but I'll roll in mid day Saturday to get new tires mounted and check out the afternoon races.  Feel free to stop by and say hello.  Red Expert #25 bike. 
Cheers,
Joe
CCS SE Expert #25
ASRA Pro #25
WERA Expert #2
AHRMA # x22
Motul, Bridgestone, Fast From The Past, Cycle Gear, Foothills Motorsports, Integrity Tool

ronaldo9

Good luck and have fun wish I could go. Hopefully I can make CMP :(
CCS #119 AM

50Joe

I had a great time and CCS ran a great event.  I totally screwed the start in LW GP and had to come from near dead last including through the amateurs.  I was very happy to set the second fastest lap time of the race and my personal best at RRR of 1:17.945.  Even though I only finished 5th, I was very happy with the way I rode.

LW F-40 was a bit better but by the time I got past a Bimota DB5 and Duc 1000SS the leader (#281) was gone.  I rode a very lonely race for 2nd in that one. 

I'll be back for more with CCS.
CCS SE Expert #25
ASRA Pro #25
WERA Expert #2
AHRMA # x22
Motul, Bridgestone, Fast From The Past, Cycle Gear, Foothills Motorsports, Integrity Tool

roadracer162

Joe you did well in that F40 race and I had nothing for ya. If the Duc was a yellow bike then that was me on an 800. I think I ended 4th in that one.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

PlayHard

You blew the start in the GP, did you see where I ended up, first lap turn 6?  Luckily the sand box was a bit wet.  I was trying to ride around the outside and got pushed off.  Oh well, that's how my weekend went but still had a blast.  Lot of fast guys in Lightweight.  My best finish was 6th. in Ultra LT SB, we had a train of about six or seven of us battling the entire race.  It was awesome......
CCS / WERA EX #95

roadracer162

You pesky little Sv's. That was fun in Ultralight and have never been that close in a group with all similar performance. That 800 Mavros is on is very fast and I just couldn't get by. Sunday was not my best moments with my confidence being quite low compared to Saturday. Al it was good finally meeting you after seeing your posts on here for so long.

I just can't compete with you guys. Your just way too fast for me.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Knedragon

Quote from: majicMARKer on March 14, 2011, 04:26:18 PM
You pesky little Sv's. That was fun in Ultralight and have never been that close in a group with all similar performance. That 800 Mavros is on is very fast and I just couldn't get by. Sunday was not my best moments with my confidence being quite low compared to Saturday. Al it was good finally meeting you after seeing your posts on here for so long.

I just can't compete with you guys. Your just way too fast for me.

Suck it up and get on the Gas next time Mark!Imagine how slow I was going when I'm used to seeing 17's with the 125 :-(
Oh boy,Not another Oil Spewing diesel!!

50Joe

Playhard,
Yea I saw what happened to you.  I almost was pushed off in T2 myself.  The big 4-strokes were pulling me out of the turns.  We were fairly evenly matched in top speed once I got going.  I was able to ride around the outside of most people though. 

I'm still developing my bike so I hope to continue to improve my results.  It was a new build project last year so not much development time has taken place yet.  It's close, but there's still a few things that can be improved.
CCS SE Expert #25
ASRA Pro #25
WERA Expert #2
AHRMA # x22

roadracer162

I hear ya Steve, but I just can't crash anymore.

Joe I like your project and it is something that I have thought of doing in the past just to have something different.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

apriliaman

that aprilia/yamaha you got is very cool and sounds amazing.That bike is very fast,glad i could check out your bike.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

50Joe

Mark,
If you ever get the urge to build one, I can help.  I'm building another right now for a client. 

Apriliaman,
Thanks for the kind words.  I like to be a bit different at times and I feel I need to keep the 2T flame burning in this ever more 4T world.
CCS SE Expert #25
ASRA Pro #25
WERA Expert #2
AHRMA # x22

apriliaman

I do have as my streetbike a rare yellow 2000 aprilia rsv 1000 which looks like the rs250,only bigger.The last of the 2 stroke style looking street bike.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

roadracer162

Joe, where do I start. I have found some good examples for $4500. Your motor is very fast but I have often wondered about doing that killer two stroke the Aussies have. How much weight? what suspension bits? Wheels? etc...and of course cost?
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

50Joe

Mark,
Getting a TSS engine from Australia is tough.  Besides, it is 485cc making it illegal in LW classes.  The base package is an Aprilia RS250.  Frame then needs to be modified to accept the TSS engine cradle.  From there, I built a 396cc engine using an RZ350 as a base.  I added a 66mm bore Cheetah Cub cylinders and 4mm stroked balanced crank from TSS.  38mm carbs, Hinson billet clutch, PVL ignition, and custom pipes from Power Pros.  TSS now has pipes that would bolt on though.  I have a Penske rear shock off my RS250 Cup bike that I put on the street.  Traxxion did my forks and I was able to buy a set of used Marchesini wheels off a fellow racer friend.

Starting from scratch, this will get rather expensive.  If you get top shelf, new parts you are looking at over $10k including the cost of buying an RS250.  Selling off the uneeded RS250 parts will help.  I already had an RZ350 to start with.  I got really lucky and found a rolling chassis at a great price and my wheels were used.  So, my package to build was very cost effective as compared to starting with nothing and buying a complete bike.  I estimate my bike weight at around 290 - 295 lbs ready to race. 
CCS SE Expert #25
ASRA Pro #25
WERA Expert #2
AHRMA # x22

Knedragon

Quote from: majicMARKer on March 15, 2011, 04:35:50 PM
I hear ya Steve, but I just can't crash anymore.

Joe I like your project and it is something that I have thought of doing in the past just to have something different.

I think the older we get the faster  we were Mark,a little wiser to.Gotta listen and relay it to the wrist when she puckers up!!Joe didn't get a chance to check the bike out,it looked good going by down the front in practice though.I was on the #27 125 & 250
Oh boy,Not another Oil Spewing diesel!!