back and chest protectors

Started by BORGY, February 18, 2011, 08:51:14 AM

jfboothe

I have an A star bionic bp and I wear it.

However I will have to agree that I don't believe that it will really do much protecting unless I hit something sharp (edge of a curb, rock, etc) or the bike lands on me with a peg or clip-on. Any sort of over extension, twisting or compression injury will not be prevented. I know they say they can help with an over extension but I doubt it. In fact I doubt the plastic and elastic thing will help with much of anything. But I do wear it and will hopefully never have to fully test it.

dylanfan53

I've got a Bohn chest protector.  Very uncomfortable and bulky.  Keeps me too upright.  Also chafed my nipples which was a distraction.  Otherwise I'd have won lots of races.   :biggrin:
Don Cook
CCS #53

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: dylanfan53 on February 25, 2011, 09:28:01 PMAlso chafed my nipples which was a distraction.  :biggrin:

That's why you should be wearing 'pasties' on your nipples....hmmmm, I see a potential market here - how about CCS brand pasties to help generate extra revenue!  :thumb:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Jason748

I'd go T-pro (Forcefield) armour... I've run, and tested, Bohn, A*, and a few others in the past T-pro is my top choice (Impact would be my second).
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

alexm

Quote from: jfboothe on February 25, 2011, 04:36:38 PM
I have an A star bionic bp and I wear it.

However I will have to agree that I don't believe that it will really do much protecting unless I hit something sharp (edge of a curb, rock, etc) or the bike lands on me with a peg or clip-on. Any sort of over extension, twisting or compression injury will not be prevented. I know they say they can help with an over extension but I doubt it. In fact I doubt the plastic and elastic thing will help with much of anything. But I do wear it and will hopefully never have to fully test it.

My old A* back protector has a HUGE gash in it from either my bike or another rider's bike during a fall; 3 Ts got compressed, but by the marks on the back protector it did a great job of deflecting even more damage. I think they provide great protection in the types of scenarios you listed.