ASRA License

Started by nafterclifen, February 05, 2011, 03:42:49 PM

nafterclifen

I plan on doing ATL series in at least the following classes as a CCS novice this year - MWSS, MWSB, MWGP, and GTU.

Should I also consider getting the ASRA amateur license for the extra $30 and why or why not?

Any suggestions and/or information would be helpful, thanks!

ronaldo9

I would also like more info on ASRA as well if anyone could clarify what exactly it is.
CCS #119 AM

MegRyan

It's really nothing more than a glorified GT race. It costs more mostly because it pays out better contingency. Both as a class pay out and your sponsor payouts (Michelin, Dunlop, etc.) Qualifying is always on the schedule but if there are problems throughout the day (i.e. red flags) it will get canceled and then grids will either be set off points or practice times. You will get a select few that will follow the whole series but they are the fast experts. As for the new AM. class it's hard to say if anyone will follow the series to win the championship. It's not cheap. Scotty and I do the Team Challenge series and it's allot of work and allot a traveling. The traveling takes the biggest toll on you. ASRA is a great series to run if your looking to compare yourself to other riders that you don't normally run with. I know people that go stupid fast at our home track and do top 3 all day long but can't even do a top 10 other places. Sorry for not giving you this info sooner but I figured someone who actually runs the series would have replied. The last year I ran ASRA Sportbike was 2008. (I may have done 1 or 2 in 09) Ran TC last year and as some of the rounds run together TC and ASRA do have separate events as well.
~Meg Ryan~

ronaldo9

Thank you for the clarification MegRyan.
CCS #119 AM

ahastings

If you are doing the Atlantic region there will be three rounds that will also have ASRA races. It will basically be one more 600 race for you to run. you will get to do qualifying on sat and the race is a little longer then a normal ccs sprint and a little more entry fee. But it will have a cash purse based on the number of riders the payout is here http://www.ccsracing.us/forms/2011/contingency/2011%20asra%20contingency%20program.pdf although there is a misprint on the classes but basically it is thunderbike, a 600 class and a 1000class
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

ronaldo9

Thanks Arnie, I doubt I'd even be fast enough to compete for a podium but I wish you all the best this coming season.
CCS #119 AM

NextLevelMotorsports

I plan to follow the series.  It simpler, two races a weekend and it pays cash.  If I were to run the regional stuff I'd be too tempted to try and get the overall #1.

Besides I was going to be at most of the rounds anyway vending so it just made sense.  HPT is the one place I don't plan on going, but I am chomping at the bit for Road America, New Jersey, and Daytona.
Southeast Conti Tire Guy
Triple XXX Race Fuel