The June and July dates for the MW

Started by kevinhuff, January 26, 2011, 01:22:44 AM

Farmboy

Oooh. Grattan would be awesome. My fingers are crossed.

Quote from: funsizeracing on January 28, 2011, 05:32:54 PM
Disappointing for sure. :wah: Looks like the only CCS round I'll be making is at HPT this year.

What do you have against BHF, Becky Bo Bop?
Jim Berard CCS MW#904

Andi

Quote from: funsizeracing on January 28, 2011, 05:32:54 PM
Disappointing for sure. :wah: Looks like the only CCS round I'll be making is at HPT this year.
+1

jigs

Yup and STT took the following weekend 9-10.....prolly no R.A. this year....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

genosr1

wish i would have never renewed my lisence, ccs is turning into a bad joke

Andi

Quote from: genosr1 on January 30, 2011, 12:20:49 AM
I decided to wait to renew mine. Looking like it was a worthy decision. A weekend license will be a great investment.

SV88

Not real happy about potentially losing RA (particularly since it's the only track I've won races!) however I would argue that it's not a great track for bikes.  Much prefer tighter, more interesting tracks like VIR, Mid-O, Topeka and Barber.

I can appreciate the financial side.  If Kevin cannot break even at the price they are quoting, he doesn't have much choice.  If it's replaced by Gingerman or Grattan, I'll feel that we haven't lost too much...
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

kevinhuff

I went to the Skip Barber web page and it said the racing school was July 4-7 so I called them and they confirmed it so maybe theres still some hope

funsizeracing

Quote from: Farmboy on January 28, 2011, 06:04:00 PM
Oooh. Grattan would be awesome. My fingers are crossed.

What do you have against BHF, Becky Bo Bop?

Nothing really, other than the fact that it's 8 hrs away.  Guess I'll have to make one sooner or later if I want to get schooled by all you midwest guys   :thumb:
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

Farmboy

Quote from: genosr1 on January 30, 2011, 12:20:49 AM

Quote from: Andi on January 30, 2011, 12:22:30 AM
I decided to wait to renew mine. Looking like it was a worthy decision. A weekend license will be a great investment.

Not looking to step on toes or be cavalier with anyone's wallet, but a big part of the CCS initial operating budget each year comes from license renewal fees. If Kevin has more money now to negotiate track contracts, it will be far easier to do so. I think that as the main consumers of this organization's product, it behooves us greatly to lend our full financial support, as early and often as reasonably possible. Personally, I'd renew now even if I didn't think I'd race at all this year, because I want CCS to still be here when I did decide to race again. This was my situation last year; I only raced one weekend, but if that early license renewal helped the organization in any way it was money well spent.
Jim Berard CCS MW#904

Farmboy

Also, I'm sure that CCS uses the # of licensed racers in any given region as a factor in determining probable event attendance within that region. Why, if you only had X racers registered in the Midwest, and it took Y racers to make RA profitable, or even break-even, and X + A < Y (with the variable A being the unknown number of as-yet licensed and out-of region racers) is the most likely equation as predicated by the known number X, would you knowingly book a track when you knew up front that it would ultimately be far less stressful, and probably cheaper, to just shovel 100 dollar bills into a roaring bonfire?

CCS is a business. These are hard times for everyone, but if we want CCS to survive, we need to do our part. Renew your license, do whatever races you can afford, recruit a trackday rider, etc. But we can't expect CCS to last when we start pulling the plug on the season before it even starts.
Jim Berard CCS MW#904

Andi

From what I know negotiations for track time is done well before any licenses are issued.

Farmboy

Quote from: Andi on January 31, 2011, 09:05:06 PM
From what I know negotiations for track time is done well before any licenses are issued.

Well, obviously not in the MW region as there are still 2 TBAs on the schedule. From what I know, CCS still did OK in the East and South last year. GP didn't make it this year and MW is struggling. Looking at CCS as an essentially regional business with some overlap from adjoining regions, it's simple to see the outcome. Those TBAs are there partly because of simple projections based on last year's MW numbers (Including the total # of licensed racers in the region). Less initial regional license revenue certainly won't help this season, and might have a decidedly negative impact on the projections for next year.
Jim Berard CCS MW#904