News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

2011 - Number Assignment & License Renewals

Started by TrophyGal, January 11, 2011, 02:51:52 PM

TrophyGal

The 2011 License Application was posted on line on October 25th .. and yet, HUNDREDS of you waited until the V-E-R-Y last day to send yours in.

:spank:

Literally .. the CCS post office box was so crammed full on Jan. 6th & 7th that no other mail would fit (and it's a Big PO Box).

To add to the craziness, the phone is ringing off the hook ..  :ahhh:

Sooo .. since the staff has been deluged with work, please DO NOT CALL THE OFFICE to ask about your license or your numbers.

Let them get their work done.  Kevin has promised to give me a daily list of licenses issued so I can post them on the website during the process. So watch the home page.

Thanks for the overwhelming response!

gixxer188

Well, I haven't even sent mine in yet, so it's not me clogging up the mailbox.  I'll think about it in a week or two.
MadisonSBK.com Online Store
MadisonSBK Racing - Owner/Racer
2012 CCS Midwest Regional Formula 40 Champion
2012 Blackhawk Farms Raceway Formula 40 Track Champion

50Joe

I'm sure it's me having operator difficulty but I did not find a listing on the CCS web site of 2011 race numbers.  Can you help a brother out and point the way?
CCS SE Expert #25
ASRA Pro #25
WERA Expert #2
AHRMA # x22
Motul, Bridgestone, Fast From The Past, Cycle Gear, Foothills Motorsports, Integrity Tool

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: TrophyGal on January 11, 2011, 02:51:52 PM
The 2011 License Application was posted on line on October 25th .. and yet, HUNDREDS of you waited until the V-E-R-Y last day to send yours in.

Literally .. the CCS post office box was so crammed full on Jan. 6th & 7th that no other mail would fit (and it's a Big PO Box).

I don't believe that reason is accurate.

I think the fact that so many renewals came in all together is further proof (like I said in the other thread) that it has ALOT more to do with WHEN the license renewal applications were received by some of the racers in the mail this season and the lack of instruction to CCS racers ahead of time that there would be almost no way they would be able to get the mailed out renewal form back to CCS before the cut-off date. Had I know this season's license renewal was going to be handled differently than it's been done since I started racing in 1996 then I would have downloaded the renewal and mailed it in long ago, but unfortunately I waited for the mailer and didn't open it the same day I received it.

Hopefully this issue will be corrected for next year!
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

TrophyGal

Quote from: 50Joe on January 11, 2011, 04:53:37 PM
I'm sure it's me having operator difficulty but I did not find a listing on the CCS web site of 2011 race numbers.  Can you help a brother out and point the way?

It's not you.  I just posted the first one, linked on the front page -- Renewals Processed as of Jan 11

TrophyGal

Quote from: GSXR RACER MIKE on January 11, 2011, 05:18:11 PM
Had I know this season's license renewal was going to be handled differently than it's been done since I started racing in 1996 then I would have downloaded the renewal and mailed it in long ago, but unfortunately I waited for the mailer and didn't open it the same day I received it.

Hopefully this issue will be corrected for next year!
Hmmm.. I know we posted the mailer on the website Dec. 5th .. but since I don't work in the office, I don't know the day it was mailed out.  Do you remember when you received it, Mike?

50Joe

I'm actually a new racer to CCS having crossed over from WERA.  I understand the renewals get processed first.  About how much time do you need before you get to first time license purchasers?  Thanks in advance.
CCS SE Expert #25
ASRA Pro #25
WERA Expert #2
AHRMA # x22
Motul, Bridgestone, Fast From The Past, Cycle Gear, Foothills Motorsports, Integrity Tool

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: TrophyGal on January 11, 2011, 06:31:40 PM
Hmmm.. I know we posted the mailer on the website Dec. 5th .. but since I don't work in the office, I don't know the day it was mailed out.  Do you remember when you received it, Mike?

I just checked the mailer and there's not a post mark on it, but if I remember correctly I got it out of the mailbox late Monday night January 3 and unfortunately didn't open it. Two days later on Wednesday night (January 5) I still hadn't opened it but read here on this Forum that the renewals were due at CCS by the next day. I'll be the 1st one to admit I had 2 days to get it in the mail, I just had no idea that the deadline would be so close to when I received it.

Quite often I see other people commenting on how they just received something in the mail from CCS, yet often times I won't see the same item for up to another week. I don't know why that is, but add that to the Holiday rush that hits the Post Office at the same time the license renewals were in the mail and that turns into even worse delays.

I accept that I didn't make it in time, I just hope something different is done next season.  :thumb:

gixxer188

I hate to say it but the License Renewal form as been available online from the ccsracing.us website since at least 12/08/10.  And referenced in my "Bump List" post of the same date.
MadisonSBK.com Online Store
MadisonSBK Racing - Owner/Racer
2012 CCS Midwest Regional Formula 40 Champion
2012 Blackhawk Farms Raceway Formula 40 Track Champion

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: gixxer188 on January 12, 2011, 10:11:39 AM
I hate to say it but the License Renewal form as been available online from the ccsracing.us website since at least 12/08/10.  And referenced in my "Bump List" post of the same date.

As I mentioned here and in the other thread, I've always used the renewal form that came in the mailers since I started racing. I had not seen any notification by CCS that the 'same number' renewal policy was apparently changed to the license form needing to be 'downloaded' for those wishing to keep their same number. In prior years the online renewal forms were an available option for those trying to get their form in as early as possible (to get in line for a different number), not a requirement for same number renewal.

No hard feelings concerning CCS, I mentioned this situation in an attempt to improve the renewal system for next season, this years change in 'same number' renewal policy was just a simple lack of communication is all. But as a result that lack of communication is also the only reason this will be the 1st season since I started racing in 1996 that I won't be renewing my license at the start of the year and instead will be waiting to see if I end up being able to race or not (which is unlikely this season so I save the $120 fee).

KBOlsen

Maybe the mailman is pre-screening your stuff?

J/K
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

f3racer

well not only am i waiting to see what the hell the army has instore for me this year but my number was great plains region which is no longer.
Will
Former CCS MW Novice #81, WERA Novice #81
AHRMA Heavyweight SBK #81, DD's Racing Endurance Team #773
2020 Tuono Factory, 2000 RC51, 1980 CB750/823

KBOlsen

Check the CCS website - they processed my renewal and I still show "Great Plains" for my region. 

f3racer

so what is going to happen when you have to race a midwest race and someone in the midwest is running 815 already? will they make you put an "x" on your plate?
Will
Former CCS MW Novice #81, WERA Novice #81
AHRMA Heavyweight SBK #81, DD's Racing Endurance Team #773
2020 Tuono Factory, 2000 RC51, 1980 CB750/823

Noidly1

Quote from the bottom of every list page-

"The numbers and Staus on this list DO NOT reflect final (#) assignments.
This is just a reference to show we have received your application."
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

KBOlsen

Maybe there's something to that "fine print" thing after all.   :err:

Phooey!

BrianC636

Just curious, my CC was charged on 12/14 for my license but I'm not on the list.  Any idea what might be going on or when to expect an updated list?
CCS # 29 - GP Region

Thanks to:
Cafe Racer Inc., No-Mar Tire Changers, CR Signs, Ace Fabrication, Bridgestone

50Joe

I was also charged around that time but haven't heard about the status of my license.  However, I'm crossing over from WERA so my request is a new license and not renewal so I figured I would be at the back of the bus and renewals be completed first.
CCS SE Expert #25
ASRA Pro #25
WERA Expert #2
AHRMA # x22

JCP636

My card was charged on the 12th. Any Idea on when the list will be updated?
Some may never live, but the crazy never die...

ccs#188

blankwall

HAWK

Has anyone from the midwest received a license? I haven't seen any updates to the list on the CCS site since Jan 31st, I've left messages at the office but really gave up about a month ago.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

Gixxerblade

I never have problems getting ahold of them.

Knightslugger

Quote from: HAWK on March 18, 2011, 01:51:15 AM
Has anyone from the midwest received a license? I haven't seen any updates to the list on the CCS site since Jan 31st, I've left messages at the office but really gave up about a month ago.

got mine right here, few weeks ago.