SV 650 Superbike classes (Winter Dreaming)

Started by gkotlin, December 31, 2010, 11:54:14 PM

SV88

In that same vein I'm struggling with the risk reward relationship.  In business, I've been trained to take a certain amount of risk but only if the reward is substantial.  So in racing we risk becoming cripples, poverty etc.. and all for a wooden plaque???  No wonder most people consider us insane... But then there is the adiction to adrenaline....
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

Ducmarc

Markie your 800 is still too heavy my 900 was at 310 till all the ti bits fell off mr boys aluminum framed bimota weighed in at
around 295. Now that bike was fast

poppop587

I truly like the mindset that if you have a different opinion, or a different way of looking at things that you are a winer.(whinner).  How about this one.  Let the Buells and Duc's run in LWSB using SS rules.  Everyone should understand that you can build a 1000 or 1200cc bike to have much more HP than you can a smaller displacement bike when comparing 4 stroke to 4 stroke.  George.....this is a suggestion, not whinning.  Civil conversation and an understanding of a view other than your own is a nice thing.  It is easy to like the rules as they are when you are the beneficiary of the rules.  I am not asking you to sell your bike or race an SV, I am simply making suggestions that will make the racing more competitive and therefore have more participants.  P.S.  Pirelli has done what you suggested.  They have eliminated contingency and lowered the price of the tires by about $45.00 per set for the SV.  Do not know what the price reduction is for the Duc.  I hope that in the future we can keep from calling fellow racers names.  There are fewer and fewer of us as you have said.  We can be friends and disagree.  Peter Meringolo (hope I spelled his name right) and I are friends and he rides a Duc.  (a very fast Duc with a great rider)  We are a small group of people,  the friendships that I have made while racing will by far outlast the wood that the plaques are made of.  Have a good season George and I hope that I will have the opportunity to race with you someday.

MACOP1104

Quit your whining you cheap SV rider and build a proper superbike for the class.  That way you can plop your lard ass on the seat and blow by the slower bikes on the long straights. 

George_Linhart

Quote from: MACOP1104 on January 22, 2011, 12:29:44 AM
Quit your whining you cheap SV rider and build a proper superbike for the class.  That way you can plop your lard ass on the seat and blow by the slower bikes on the long straights. 

Exactly!  Now we all know, its not the rider, its all about the bike.

George

poppop587

George.  I think that you and I would get along if we ever met.  I am not sure about the guy who called me a lard ass.  I am 6 feet tall and weigh 175 pounds.  If that qualifies for lard ass there are a lot of people in trouble.  I will race most of the races this year with WERA but will still run the NJMP and the Summit Rounds with CCS.  I love the guys I ride with in CCS just don't want to spend much more money on the bike.  With alot more power comes tire wear and expenses that I really don't want.  I guess second and third will have to do with CCS and maybe a win from time to time with WERA.  Again, have a great season and be safe.