News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Classes for Aprilia RS250 / Yamaha RZ396 hybrid

Started by 50Joe, December 14, 2010, 09:19:48 PM

roadracer162

18's are excellent times no matter who you are. I noticed back in 2007 Steve Wenner aboard his RS125 would do those times. steve is a very fast Ex on his 125GP and has been riding for some years now. Typically some of the fast SV riders would be in the 22's but I wouldn't know about the extreme built SV's.

With that said I am told that in 2010 when CCS visited RRR Kevin aboard his extreme built LW class Bimota acquired some 15's which is pretty good for even the Middleweight group. In contrast I noticed that Steve Wenner in 2007 was capable of(I suspect on his 250GP) 17's. Kevin and Steve typically compete in the LW GP class.

What it sounds like to me Joe is that you will be a very strong front runner in whatever class you choose.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

stickboy274

Joe always puts a good effort in. I'll see you there joe.
Stickboy Racing 803-413-0721
Bridgestone/Dunlop Tire Rep.
www.stickboyracing.com
FB: Stickboy Racing

50Joe

Derek,
I didn't know you were on this forum too.  I've decided to branch out and give CCS a try.  Their classes give me more options for the hybrid than WERA does.  Hey, any differences in B'stone contingency versus WERA?  Also, I'll need a set of slicks for that first event in March at RRR. 
CCS SE Expert #25
ASRA Pro #25
WERA Expert #2
AHRMA # x22
Motul, Bridgestone, Fast From The Past, Cycle Gear, Foothills Motorsports, Integrity Tool

apriliaman

At RRR in lw supersport we were doing 1:21. LW superbike most were doing 1:18-1:22 in that range.I'll look for your bike there.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

50Joe

My hybrid is certainly not SS legal and it is also not Superbike legal due to the mixed origin engine/chassis.  I may request a provisional approval to allow my bike in LW Superbike but I haven't decided yet.  I know it's already legal in LWGP, LW F-40, and GTL.  That may be enough classes for me to have fun in.  Top end rebuilds start to get pricey if you put major miles on this thing.
CCS SE Expert #25
ASRA Pro #25
WERA Expert #2
AHRMA # x22
Motul, Bridgestone, Fast From The Past, Cycle Gear, Foothills Motorsports, Integrity Tool

stickboy274

Cont. should be the same. I've always asked for it to go across the board the same. It makes it easy for everyone.

I'll be there for sure. I'll bring a tire or two. They have some fun folks hanging out at these races also. It'll be a good time. 
Stickboy Racing 803-413-0721
Bridgestone/Dunlop Tire Rep.
www.stickboyracing.com
FB: Stickboy Racing