News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS @ Mid O

Started by trace33chargers, December 10, 2010, 10:04:03 PM

trace33chargers

What ever happend to CCS teaming up with WERA at Mid Ohio for the Festival of Speed or something like that. I always liked the idea. Why don't we still do it?

Burt Munro

The event you're talking about was in Sep of 2008 and 2009.

The race in 2008 was at about the same time as when the AMA was selling the rights to their Pro Road Racing Series to DMG.  As I remember it, several of the people from the AMA who were there to oversee the event found out the following week that they no longer had a job with the AMA.

It wasn't that CCS teamed with WERA to run the event.  CCS replaced WERA in running the event because of some disagreement/misunderstanding between the AMA and WERA.

Basically anyone with a race license from a recognized US race organization could run in the event as long as you weren't classified as a "Pro."  The class structure was loosely based on CCS rules and equipment requirements used CCS rules.

In 2009 USGPRU also ran events during the weekend.  The schedule had practice sessions on Friday, qualifying on Saturday and racing on Sunday.

It was a fun event with most of the riders coming from CCS, WERA and CMRA.  As I remember the event ran on the same weekend as a big WERA race weekend and the turnout wasn't that great.  I also remember that the registration process was somewhat confusing.

I don't think it ever reached the entry numbers that the AMA was hoping for.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!