News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

2011 AM to EX Bump List

Started by gixxer188, December 08, 2010, 10:08:04 AM

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: grasslander on December 16, 2010, 09:13:50 AM
OK back to questions about AM-EX bumping.  If you are bumped up and accept it becoming a new expert, can you later still request a "once a career" move back down to amateur?
If you go Expert and feel that your not adapting to it after racing a few events then go talk to the Race Director and explain why you feel you should go back to Amateur status.

I've had fast Amateurs pass me that were just plain scary to be on the track at the same time with, they were all over the track and obviously riding way beyond their experience and ability. In my opinion being an Expert is more about racing predictably than it is about being faster than every Amateur racer. Most Amateurs who go Expert will get faster and smoother in their 1st season by simply racing with the Experts, often times they will be turning faster lap times almost immediately by simply interacting with faster and smoother racers.

Many Amateur racers have alot of apprehension about going Expert but it's not as bad as you think. Even though it may take you some time to work your way up the finishing results as an Expert, the experience will definitely improve you as a racer.

A great quote:
"The anticipation of an event is usually far more dramatic than the event itself"
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

poppop587

I hope that someone who has some authority at CCS is watching the posts.  It is clear to me that there is quite a bit of concern in the LW class with the rule changes.  I know of no other racing organization that has a class that has bikes that go from 125cc to 1200cc.  That does not even sound reasonable.  Again my concern here is with the number of people who will continue to race.  No one goes out to race to finish last.  That is what Track Day Organizations are for.  Keep up the rule changes and racers will either be racing WERA or doing Track Days.  You have killed the LW class!!!!!

roadracer162

I will continues racing with CCS regardless of the LW rules. Yes I do bitch at times because many times the changes don't make sense. it is then my responsibility to submit my formal request for change to where the rules will suit my program a little more.

I like tha fact the WERA is different than CCS. If both organizations were the same there would be no reason to change from either. At least this way there is a variety.

Yes to me 1000 anything just doesn't seem to me as LW. I do believe the aircooled Duc900 and the water-cooled SV is a pretty good match. You must remember when the FZR400 was considered LW.

125cc is now Ultralight and the 1200cc is LW. I do race at times on my FZR400 fully expecting to be last, but sometimes I SURPRISE MYSELF.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Gixxerblade

Quote from: Carnag3 on December 15, 2010, 01:28:22 PM
Glad I didn't get bumped.
I know you didn't request to remain as an Amateur, did you?
Get a rope...

grasslander

Quote from: GSXR RACER MIKE on December 16, 2010, 10:54:13 AM

... Many Amateur racers have alot of apprehension about going Expert but it's not as bad as you think. Even though it may take you some time to work your way up the finishing results as an Expert, the experience will definitely improve you as a racer.

A great quote:
"The anticipation of an event is usually far more dramatic than the event itself"

Thank you.  Great post
CCS #413 CMRA #413
G-Baby Racing Endurance Team
2013 ASRA Team Challenge GTL National Champions
2015 US National Endurance Series LW National Champions