News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

2011 *Tentative* SCHEDULE OF EVENTS posted

Started by TrophyGal, December 06, 2010, 07:31:39 PM

gixxer188

Quote from: Greeny on December 08, 2010, 12:59:04 PM
so now we're gonna start complaining about too many opportunities to race?!  CCS just can't catch a break, huh?

Grids are down due to the economy so how is having a Twin Sprint which will cost a racer more money to race the entire weekend a good thing?  Personally, I'll race every chance I get but if you're looking to increase the size of the grids how is this the solution?

The result may be some people register for only Saturday and some for only Sunday.  How many will register for both days and all of the races they are eligible to race in?
MadisonSBK.com Online Store
MadisonSBK Racing - Owner/Racer
2012 CCS Midwest Regional Formula 40 Champion
2012 Blackhawk Farms Raceway Formula 40 Track Champion

Burt Munro

I think you need to take into consideration all the people who don't live within an hour or two of Blackhawk.

With the elimination of the Great Plains Region there are now 4 fewer race weekends in the central part of the US (2 from HPT and 2 from Gateway).   There are still a good number of racers in the KC/Omaha area as well as STL/S.Illinois. 

Going to Blackhawk is the next best option for a lot of these guys who still want to race - many of which may have never been there before.

Twin Sprints may make sense for a lot of guys who have to drive 5-8 hrs to get to Blackhawk.  Make a full weekend out of it or only race one day if you have to be back at work early Monday morning and have a long drive home.

Makes sense to me that the numbers at Blackhawk should go up now that there are fewer options for race weekends.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

crossroads425

trace33chargers

I'm praying that the TBA dates for midwest are not at MAM.  I would love to have a reason to go there, but I think its just a bad place to hold a race weekend at. Giant flat area with no trees in the hottest part of summer. Not something I would want to take part in.

And with the twin sprints at BHF, I can't complain about that. With having more opportunities to race we can hopefully get some racers to come out. Its not about spending twice as much on entry fees, its about saving money from having to drive 250 miles to another track two weeks later. Some of you can do that, others that are 21 and in college can't. So think about other people. The way I see it is that we are lucky to still have a schedule in this area after the miserable turnouts last year

TrophyGal

Quote from: crossroads425 on December 08, 2010, 10:14:54 PM
so much for a lighting round at njmp
The Lightning Course has inferior facilities not only for riders, but also for operations. And although NJMP says improvements are planned, they probably won't happen this year due to the economy.  The dates were picked by the New Jersey management, then reviewed by Kevin for conflicts etc. before approval for addition to the CCS schedule.

drew231506

CCS Expert# 13

JCP636

Some may never live, but the crazy never die...

ccs#188

crossroads425

MegRyan

The TBA date in July for Midwest has always been RA and it's also a TBA date for TC. My guess is that it will be RA but they are still negotiating details. Rumor has it that if you are not a national event you no longer can have a weekend event there so technically ASRA has to have the weekend b/c CCS is not a national series where as ASRA is.
~Meg Ryan~

Peter998

I like lightning. I won 9 out of 10 races there, fast and flowing, but hard on the right side of the tires.
Thunderbolt is a great track too.
Peter Meringolo 2010 Expert/ASRA # 998
ECS Racing

ronaldo9

What does Twin Sprint mean for the Mid Atlantic CMP dates?
CCS #119 AM

Cowboy 6

All sprint races are run twice that weekend. One time Saturday, once Sunday.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com