An idea for those of us not going to ROC

Started by YSR Dave, October 11, 2010, 09:06:16 PM

YSR Dave

How about a day with all the speed but none of the work?  Go fast, go straight and don't worry about the turns.  Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove, Wisconsin has a test and tune day on Saturday, October 16 from 9 am to dusk, and later if the weather is good.  Speaking of weather, the long range forecast is for sunny and mid-60s.
Practice your starts, burn down the center of that rear tire or just have a gas doing as many 1/4 mile runs as your litle heart desires,  It's $40 to run all day.  I think spectators are $15.  If you are going to exceed 100 mph in the quarter mile, you will need leathers.  If you're thoroughly bored, run the pit bike/scooter.
Tell the significant other that you are actually saving a ton of money as compared to going to Homestead.  Here's your last chance to breathe the race fuel before hibernating.

Super Dave

Quote from: YSR Dave on October 11, 2010, 09:06:16 PMHere's your last chance to breathe the race fuel before hibernating.
What? 

You need to get on the ice. 
Super Dave

MELK-MAN

2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

twilkinson3

if I wasn't taking docks out of a lake Saturday I'd be sorely tempted to take the 1000rr down there and finish off the street tires hehe

HAWK

Sounds interesting but it looks like it's an open day, I don't want to be the only one there with without training wheels. Who all is in?
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

YSR Dave

Since I started this, I'll be down with my son Tom around 1:30.  I'll have an SV650 and a CBR600RR.

If anyone wants to try either one out, stop by.  yellow plated 174 and 171

SV88

Sounds like a plan for next spring just before the races resume...
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881