Women's Class

Started by truckstop, October 04, 2010, 11:22:22 PM

truckstop

So, I've heard that Femmoto was a two year deal.

Any word if there will still be a women's class, at least Middleweight, for 2011?
Since it's run with F40, besides the money spend on unclaimed trophies, is there much of an additional expense for running an unpopular class?

We received shiny new health insurance cards today, so I'm planning for next season. :)
I sold the Hawk, but still have the 600, however I'm not interested in running co-ed middleweight, and by next summer I'm still 4 years off from F40. Maybe I just need to HTFU.
I do know of a couple of girls with 600s that are toying with the idea of racing next year. No guarantees, but it'd be nice to still have the class.

twilkinson3

I think you'd find the MW and HW ranks in the coed dept not a bad thing assuming the grids don't suddenly get full, but here's hoping you have the femmoto races to run next year, it'll be good to see you 2 back at the track

DJChyk

I do hope they keep the class.  Having a female-only race option was one reason I got my license, though I did race LWF40, too.  As someone new to racing, the idea of getting stuffed in a corner by some testosterone-ravaged guy trying to prove he could beat a "girl" was not thrilling.  (Having been out there for a season, I now know that's not a typical scenario.) 

Unfortunately, in our region (GP), there were generally only 2 of us running Femmoto, one expert & one noob on a dinosaur (me).  Didn't make for exciting races for either of us (though I did become adept at getting lapped - lol).  BTW, Femmoto runs with Thunderbike in GP.
He talked me into it
CCS AM #31
http://www.tornadobaitracing.com

HAWK

Good the hear you two will be back next year.

It's rules time right now so get all your girlfriends together and make sure Kevin hears you. I know you have a couple that were racing pretty regularly here in the MW and I think there were a couple on the fence that maybe you could convince to take the plunge. If you all voice support that's what makes it happen.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

truckstop

I've been out of the loop this season, so I guess I don't actually know who the girls were paired with. It may have been Thunderbike in the MidWest as well.

Two seasons ago there was exactly one girl riding in the lightweight class in the MidWest, that would be me... and there was nobody this year, besides Tea once on a borrowed bike. I've got a nice stack of participation awards to show for it, although it was still fun riding with ULWSB.

This year it looks like participation was pretty spotty.

I know of one girl with a 750 who sounds like she may consider getting a license, in which case I'd be happy to ride in the heavyweight classes with her.

Anyway, I can probably get some unguaranteed commitments out of three or four girls to get licenses next year, but can't make any promises. I doubt that's enough for CCS.

HAWK

Have them send Kevin a letter, if they are thinking about it he needs to know. If they show no interest then there will be no class. Meghan, Tea and Tanya did as many weekends as I did, start writing letters.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

backMARKr

Quote from: DJChyk on October 05, 2010, 01:37:09 PM
Unfortunately, in our region (GP),......runs with Thunderbike in GP.

I don't think I would worry too much about the GP region for 2011....
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

Supergirl

I plan on running Femmoto next year, given they keep the class. :-)
IMMIGracing
CCS #56 - Arlen Ness Racing, Hindle, Silkolene, Suomy, Woodcraft, Vortex, Sharkskinz, PopShadow, TrackdayMag.com, CyclepathRacing.com

Supergirl

Oh, and we almost made it to 6 entries at RA this year... :D

Wish I could have run the last two BHF weekends..
IMMIGracing
CCS #56 - Arlen Ness Racing, Hindle, Silkolene, Suomy, Woodcraft, Vortex, Sharkskinz, PopShadow, TrackdayMag.com, CyclepathRacing.com

DJChyk

Quote from: truckstop on October 05, 2010, 05:52:52 PM
I've been out of the loop this season, so I guess I don't actually know who the girls were paired with. It may have been Thunderbike in the MidWest as well.

They ran it with F40 the last round at Blackhawk ;)
He talked me into it
CCS AM #31

DJChyk

Quote from: Supergirl on October 06, 2010, 09:32:52 AM
Oh, and we almost made it to 6 entries at RA this year... :D

Wish I could have run the last two BHF weekends..

Missed you at BHF!!

Quote from: backMARKr on October 05, 2010, 09:26:38 PM
I don't think I would worry too much about the GP region for 2011....

Guess we'll see. It would be a shame if they did.  A lot of good people just want to enjoy racing without driving 10 hours & taking two days off from work.  I hate to see all the "doom & gloom" predictions about the demise of the GP region & CCS in general.  All the negativity achieves nothing.  I've been pit crew/spectator for a number of years & just started racing this past season, so my perspective is different than some, I'm sure.  Grids were light this year because of the ROC debacle, hurt feelings and the economy.  Unfortunately it only takes a few to poison the waterhole.

He talked me into it
CCS AM #31

twilkinson3

Someone just remember to twist Shelly's arm in the offseason (I nominate Tea and Tera...) - that lady needs to come play....

MW has been running the almost/non existant Femmoto rounds at BFR same as last year Jen, I seriously would get letters of intent from the ladies out to kevin to keep it going (you know us testosterone laden blitzkreig captains are always rooting for you ladies...after all it beats the hell outa looking at Laconte 8-)p )