News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Woodcraft Footpeg Sliders?

Started by Nate R, April 18, 2003, 07:58:52 AM

Nate R

I've been working on footpeg sliders for Woodcraft footpegs. This way, you can help absorb some impact and save a peg if/when you crash. Some people are scraping, or close to scraping the pegs as it is, so they may benefit from these only in the rain or cold. I'm still doing some R+D, but they will be removable so that you can just have them in when it's cold or rainy.   But, if you have high enough rearsets, and/or shallow enough lean angle, you won't have to worry about scraping, and then you can leave them in all the time.

I'm trying to see how many here would be interested in a pair. SD, I got your e-mail about these, so I know about you.

They will be $10/pair, (That's $10 shipped USPS or at the track) And will probably protrude about 1/2", but I might eventually have a long and short version. They are beveled, so they're not like making the footpeg a full 1/2" longer. They've saved my peg in at least one drop in the garage.  ::)

Expect them within a month or so.

Also, if you want them for Vortex pegs, let me know here, and I'll announce when those come out.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

MELK-MAN

wont that add to the length of the peg thus reducing lean angle/?? just wonderin.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Nate R

Quote  But, if you have high enough rearsets, and/or shallow enough lean angle, you won't have to worry about scraping, and then you can leave them in all the time.

Like I said, they will some, but that's why you can take them out unless it's cold or rainy if you're close to scraping pegs as it is, or are scraping them already.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com

Nate R

Also, Edgar Muller from LRRS (www.classicbikes.com) has been using BAR ENDS on his SV pegs for a while. They don't work real well because the dias are different, but they're longer than my sliders would be, and he's not scraping them on his SV.  
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com

MightyDuc Racing

I have custom pegs...if I sent you one, think you could make them for me?  My pegs are actually mounted to the frame, so the only way I can scrape them is if I'm laying on the ground beside it. :D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Nate R

Sure, as long as they are a hollow tube, essentially. I think it is from what I can see. I might charge you a bit more, though.

Do you have any spares to send?

You can specify the outer length, but we should talk about that. I would like to see some close up pics, if you have them, from the side and from the back or front of the bike to see how much they stick out.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com

MightyDuc Racing

I have a spare one that is a little bent.  Any chance you can make some of those too?  We'll talk more about it in a few weeks.

Thanks!
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

Nate R

I will be able to make pegs in the future, when I get my new lathe. (Should be in a couple months)
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com

MightyDuc Racing

As long as I don't crash, i won't need them before that.  I have a few extras, but neither is in perfect shape.  They'd get me by if I had to race with 'em after a fall.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors: