Press Release from AHRMA on Daytona & CCS

Started by limy_1, September 24, 2010, 04:28:30 PM

limy_1

Roger Preston
AHRMA Volunteer & Monkee
WERA Official

GSXR RACER MIKE

I think the collaboration is a good thing because it will cut expenses while still allowing a Daytona event to be held for both race org's, but it will also require more than just the main pits that CCS uses to be used. The NASCAR garage pits (and/or the fenced in overflow lot near them) will probably HAVE to be used in order to handle both race organizations, but I don't see that as really being an issue.  :thumb:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Super Dave

I don't think it is an issue, but it is a cost.

I guess I'm wondering how it will all fit in? 

AHRMA generally operates a "two race" program at their events.  If you race F500, you race it twice, once each day.  That has made going to some events attractive as you're getting in "two nationals" for each event.  I can't say that I know how AHRMA will be setting up their event for Daytona, but, if most championships in their series are sewn up before Barber the weekend before, I'd have to wonder how many would take the extra time off work to do Daytona.

Just thinking out loud...
Super Dave

Ducmarc

Those old goats love daytona. did not go to the ahrma race Last year but evey other year seemed to have a high attendance compared to ccs.

Ducmarc

Maybe they could honor each others license for the one weekend so you could crossover. If you run an antique like me

limy_1

Quote from: Ducmarc on September 25, 2010, 07:32:37 PM
Maybe they could honor each others license for the one weekend so you could crossover. If you run an antique like me

Not saying that they will or won't but it has been done in 2010 at VIR with WERA.
WERA had 1 track and AHRMA had the other.
Roger Preston
AHRMA Volunteer & Monkee
WERA Official