A Question for the CCS Racer

Started by CCS, September 07, 2010, 01:57:20 PM

Are you willing to purchase a personal transponder?

Yes
54 (46.6%)
No
62 (53.4%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: September 28, 2010, 01:57:20 PM

GSXR RACER MIKE

My remarks were a general observation and not aimed at any specific person(s), certainly not intended to 'belittle' anyone - it was a simple twist on the general reality that those who expect the most are often times the ones who contribute the least (financially) toward supporting whatever cause.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

roadracer162

Paul, you make too much sense, hahaha. I am with your thinking and yes although I do not spend a lot of money I am always there for the past 7 years. I do fairly well as for finishing results and many times collect contingency to help with the cost of racing.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

HAWK

Mark, from what I have read of your posts in the past we play pretty much the same way. I spend more on entry fees than I do on tires and squeeze the rest of my racing budget pretty hard. That said I will restate my position that the switch to AMB makes sense, but for those hard of hearing, NOT RIGHT NOW. A position that Kevin seems to agree with for now.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

SV88

I will be mortified if we go to the AMB for next season, just having sold my unit to the endurance team (2/3) - oh but wait, we're disbanding so I can get that unit back.... We're selling an 05 R6 ex AMA ss bike.  It's been like the proverbial Swiss clock all season in spite of George's multiple crashes!!
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

Greeny

as much as the added cost would suck, it would be nice to have a reliable source of laptimes that don't spell or list your name 10 different ways so your results are never in one place...  and that's IF the site it up and running and IF the results were properly posted, if at all. 

Russell2566

HAWK

Russ,
Thank You for your efforts these past couple years, some of us appreciate your work. Furthermore some of us appreciate the work of your predecessor as well.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

Super Dave

Quote from: Russell2566 on November 16, 2010, 12:15:03 PM
Yes, thanks for what you did.  I can understand what you were trying to do for the racers.  I'm sure there are many of us that appreciated your hard work.
Super Dave

roadracer162

Quote from: Greeny on November 15, 2010, 08:22:08 PM
as much as the added cost would suck, it would be nice to have a reliable source of laptimes that don't spell or list your name 10 different ways so your results are never in one place...  and that's IF the site it up and running and IF the results were properly posted, if at all.  

For $399 you can get all that and more in a GPS. You get not only lap times but you also get split times, projected best lap, acceleration points, braking points, corner speed, and speed anywhere else on your track. All this with the ability to download to your computer for graphs.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

roadracer162

Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

sasrocks

thank you Russ, your efforts ARE much appreciated.

Greeny

Quote from: majicMARKer on November 16, 2010, 01:13:54 PM
For $399 you can get all that and more in a GPS. You get not only lap times but you also get split times, projected best lap, acceleration points, braking points, corner speed, and speed anywhere else on your track. All this with the ability to download to your computer for graphs.

i know, i have one :D  it's just nice to see what your competition is doing out there.  it's also nice to have a history of your past seasons nicely organized, or the past seasons of others.  or how about a compilation of your finishes to share with potential sponsors?  i'm just saying, it would be nice luxury to have, that's all.  i'm sure russ puts a lot of time and energy into the site and i know that most of the glitches aren't his fault (ccs spells my name differently every round)...  don't think that i'm not grateful.  but that doesn't mean there aren't better options out there.  

btw, is anyone able to log onto the site right now?