A Question for the CCS Racer

Started by CCS, September 07, 2010, 01:57:20 PM

Are you willing to purchase a personal transponder?

Yes
54 (46.6%)
No
62 (53.4%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: September 28, 2010, 01:57:20 PM

Sobottka

sorry slugger if thats what you take from my comments. tstruyk summed up my thoughts with much more diplomacy. maybe you should read it again cuz this is i am trying to get through to you.
Quote from: tstruyk on September 17, 2010, 03:34:25 PM

ultimately i think what most are saying is if your budget is THAT tight, maybe taking a little time off would be a good thing for you.  you'll be missed, and then again welcomed back when times are better.

Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

gpz11

I guess I don't understand what the huge deal is? If you want to race, you will figure out how to do it. If you miss a race or two to pay for it, great. run the rest of the season or whatever you can do.

I ran a round with AHRMA and I had to rent a transponder from them. Fine, I wanted to race with them so I HAD to do it.

I hope they do switch to at least get a more robust current system . If I remember correctly, isn't the current system based on DOS?

Also since I don't own a transponder, I'll have to buy one.

Burt Munro

Knightslugger ..........

Do you also post on here under the name RedRiderUp?
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Knightslugger

George_Linhart

Quote from: Ducmarc on September 16, 2010, 09:06:02 PM
I guess I'm not one that likes change. I'm not broke I can afford one I'm
sorry I came off bitter it just seemed like one more cost of racing. If I stick to my plan.  Of a few races a year then I would rent. If I raced every weekend than. It makes sense to buy. I feel better today ben fox sent my crank back it looks great polished like chrome I'm ready for the high bank

If you can afford to have Fox polish your crank all your whining about being broke is crap.

I'm sorry but a lightened and polshed crank is an extravagance.  Ben did my 1000SS crank so I know what it cost.  Quit your bitching about being poor or stop spending money and completely unnecessary items and race.

George

mx558

I thought crank polishing was free ?

Ducmarc

the crank had been improperly balenced by someone else. I only had ben rebalence it. And he polished it then. I also don't think I ever said I was. Broke.   Ben is a good guy and has helped me a lot over the years and I figured giving him a plug would incriminate me but if it helps his business fine

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: mx558 on September 18, 2010, 12:09:53 PMI thought crank polishing was free ?

Not if you had to pay for a date 1st!  :lmao:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

roadracer162

Quote from: GSXR RACER MIKE on September 18, 2010, 10:29:15 PM
Not if you had to pay for a date 1st!  :lmao:

We know which district you have been frequenting.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

twilkinson3

Most commentary i think i've ever seen on this board....

I'm enjoying the many points of view so let me see if I can sum up a couple positiions

1) it's $420...not the end of the world....
2) We are having enough trouble filling grids, don't stick an additional barrier to entry into the mix right now
3) Whatever.....

Joking aside a bit I can see both points, I'm agnostic in the end to the decision (I voted yes for the record as I hate trying to remember to turn in the transponder) .  Personally in the end I question whether this is the right year to make the change or not given the other issues we as a group are facing, but I can see some of the reasons why it would make sense from kevin's posts now rather than later.  I understand where slugger is coming from on the cost issue, we as a group can't really afford to put any more racers out for an event or 2 let alone lose more of them permenantly for any reason.  So how can you accomplish both or at least what's the rational in the end for the decision that gets made, and I don't expect kevin to post up CCS financials or any such just maybe the basics so we the community can at least follow the overall reasoning - can't make everyone happy....

Rob 315

i know quite a few people who only do several rounds each year, and choose ccs over wera simply to save a few hundred on a transponder. Could drive people to explore other options. leave well enough alone.
CCS ex 315

Jason748

:lmao: Explore other options as in what - Not racing?  Most motorcycle race orgs are using the AMB system or similar and either requires you to have your own or rent one...

Me personally - after seeing maybe 1/2 of the problems CCS is constantly having with the current system... I will NOT be racing with CCS until they make the change to a more reliable system, perferably the AMB system they're looking at.    :ass:
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com