A Question for the CCS Racer

Started by CCS, September 07, 2010, 01:57:20 PM

Are you willing to purchase a personal transponder?

Yes
54 (46.6%)
No
62 (53.4%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: September 28, 2010, 01:57:20 PM

Jason748

Another way to think of it...
The current Westhold system is NOT provided free of charge, the cost of the original system, program, program upgrades, replacement units, etc... do have a cost and are being paid for each and every weekend, as part of the race entry fee.
so, (This next part is all theory...as I have no real data, but I'd guess it's pretty realistic).
If you had a choice between:
A) - Race fee's increasing by $30 per entry (to cover upkeep on the old outdated, failing T&S system and additional manual scoring personnel for when it craps out...again).  Wait 45+ min for results to be posted, and maybe never see your lap times ever again (well that last part might still be good...)
or
B) - Race entry fee's don't increase or increase a small amount, say $5 per entry?  But you have to either do a 1 time purchase of a personal transponder, or rent one each weekend.  Get results & lap times in 1/2 the time or less, and have them for...years. and spend less time in registration?

To add to Mikes comments about registration... In the CRA, if you pre-register, you never even need to go stand in line at regestration if you pre-registered... you simply check the preliminary grids usually already posted to make sure you're in the races you registered (revised when registration closes for the day).
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

tstruyk

Quote from: Sobottka on September 15, 2010, 01:20:20 PM
this is stupid,  you guys sound like a bunch of cry babies! racing is a colossal waste of money and you guys are boo-hooing over a $400 transponder purchase? yeah it sucks but so does my entry fees, tires fees, race gas, travel gas, food, gear bill, hotel fees, bike maintanance fees, gate fees, camping fees, beer fees, engine rebuild fees, and other stuff i'm sure i'm forgetting. given all this, how big of an impact can $200-$450 for a transponder really have? we do this because we love it, not cuz its cheap.
  if you have to quit racing over $400, you cant afford to race.

yup...
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Jason748

Quote from: squirrel22 on September 15, 2010, 02:27:18 PM
Imagine introducing another $420.00 into the above equation.....

Or he rents one his first weekend or two for $50... find outs it really is that much better than trackdays, then $380 / $420, or $200 - $250 used... will be a very small price compared to race tires, time off work, crash damage repair, suit, helmet, boots, gloves, tire warmers, generator, food, fuel, wear and tear on truck & trailer and bike, etc...

And if he buys used instead of new, he can turn around and sell it for the same price, if not more...
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

genosr1

yes racing is very expensive, i understand the cost of the current transponders are rolled into entry fees, i personally will buy an amb if required, but i would hope entry fees would be reduced by whatever amount we are currently being charged for the old ones, we should not be charged for the old system and still have to purchase our own transponder, CCS should be looking for new rules to help reduce costs of racing, let's ban race fuel, pump gas only, and quick shifters ban them too, why do we run them? because the guy next to you on the line has them, this would also eliminate some of the expensive engine builds, increase engine life, these would be huge savings, and lure the trackday rider with a basicly stock bike into racing and increase grid sizes

Knightslugger

because that's what CCS wants in the end: Racers and Spectators (and the money associated with them). AND LOTS OF THEM.

as competitors, we want the exact same things CCS wants. This change feels very one sided so far.

Sobottka

Quote from: genosr1 on September 15, 2010, 06:09:29 PM
yes racing is very expensive, i understand the cost of the current transponders are rolled into entry fees, i personally will buy an amb if required, but i would hope entry fees would be reduced by whatever amount we are currently being charged for the old ones, we should not be charged for the old system and still have to purchase our own transponder,
dont get your hopes up. after seeing some of the grids this year we should be happy ccs is planning on holding races next year instead of closing shop.

Quote from: genosr1 on September 15, 2010, 06:09:29 PMCCS should be looking for new rules to help reduce costs of racing, let's ban race fuel, pump gas only, and quick shifters ban them too, why do we run them? because the guy next to you on the line has them, this would also eliminate some of the expensive engine builds, increase engine life, these would be huge savings, and lure the trackday rider with a basicly stock bike into racing and increase grid sizes
sounds like bicycle racing!  ::)
you dont need race gas or a quickshifter or a slipper clutch or a built motor. all you need as a track day guy is your minmally preped track day bike and and some basic skills to win amateur races. it happens all the time. none of the stuff you mentioned will overcome a skilled rider as a beginner
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

Knightslugger

Quote from: Sobottka on September 15, 2010, 07:19:24 PM

dont get your hopes up. after seeing some of the grids this year we should be happy ccs is planning on holding races next year instead of closing shop.
sounds like bicycle racing!  ::)
you dont need race gas or a quickshifter or a slipper clutch or a built motor. all you need as a track day guy is your minmally preped track day bike and and some basic skills to win amateur races. it happens all the time. none of the stuff you mentioned will overcome a skilled rider as a beginner

great, now convince THEM of that...

Sobottka

Quote from: Knightslugger on September 15, 2010, 07:10:50 PM
because that's what CCS wants in the end: Racers and Spectators (and the money associated with them). AND LOTS OF THEM.

as competitors, we want the exact same things CCS wants. This change feels very one sided so far.
are you kidding? ccs doesnt care about spectators, this is club level racing, spectators are not part of this equation.
and ccs is not a democracy. as i said earlier be thankful they're racing next year.
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions

Sobottka

Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions

Knightslugger

Quote from: Sobottka on September 15, 2010, 07:24:05 PM
are you kidding? ccs doesnt care about spectators, this is club level racing, spectators are not part of this equation.
and ccs is not a democracy. as i said earlier be thankful they're racing next year.

well they should. it's money coming in, period. much more than that sometimes... sponsors, future racers who don't even know it yet...

Knightslugger

Quote from: Sobottka on September 15, 2010, 07:24:39 PM
dont need to, i did it myself

i don't think you quite understand. these kiddies who come from trackdays (like myself) are awfully hard to convince. they want to think "racing is glamorous, that the big dogs have xx equipment, so i should too (great for venders btw)". saying it can be done and showing them it can be done are often two very different things.

Sobottka

my amateur year i bought a 1 yr old gsxr600 put bodywork, shock/revalved forks, brake lines, a pc and exhaust and a 520 kit on it. stock everything else.  i had 1 spare rear wheel, 1 spare sprocket and that was it. i finished the season with about 50 podiums, 10 wins and 2 track and regional championships against very stiff am competition. no q/s, no engine build, no race gas, stock motor,  no fancy anything
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions