A Question for the CCS Racer

Started by CCS, September 07, 2010, 01:57:20 PM

Are you willing to purchase a personal transponder?

Yes
54 (46.6%)
No
62 (53.4%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: September 28, 2010, 01:57:20 PM

Knightslugger

well that's not what's happening in todays CCS. Keeping up with the jones is one of the problems with garnering bodies from trackdays. They make it expensive for themselves because they honestly believe it's what's required to race.

Sobottka

i dont do much more today as an expert ...in todays ccs.
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

Knightslugger

how much do you drop on a weekend?

Jason748

Quote from: genosr1 on September 15, 2010, 06:09:29 PM
yes racing is very expensive, i understand the cost of the current transponders are rolled into entry fees, i personally will buy an amb if required, but i would hope entry fees would be reduced by whatever amount we are currently being charged for the old ones, we should not be charged for the old system and still have to purchase our own transponder,

While I agree... But CCS is business, why would they lower fee's when they're already losing money with the fee's where they are? Now factor in inflation...
Realistically, looking at this from a business standpoint CCS is looking for ways reduce operating costs long term so they have a chance to survive this current economy now and we have a place to race in the future.  So My guess is the fee's are going to up no matter what, it's just how much they go up by.

And if CCS doesn't make it and goes away, yes maybe someone else will come in, and guess what - since most every other racing series in the upper midwest (CRA & WERA) uses the AMB system, you'll still have to buy or rent one.
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

Jason748

KS... just an fyi - My 07 is Sobottka's old bike.  When I bought it is was a pretty basic race bike, body, suspension, sliders, PC3, exhaust, nothing more & he ran pretty good with it, when he actaully put gas in it. :biggrin:
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR

Knightslugger

getting rid of that lease on the Westhold units would probably be a huge financial burden lifter right there.

Knightslugger

Quote from: Jason748 on September 15, 2010, 08:26:20 PM
KS... just an fyi - My 07 is Sobottka's old bike.  When I bought it is was a pretty basic race bike, body, suspension, sliders, PC3, exhaust, nothing more & he ran pretty good with it, when he actaully put gas in it. :biggrin:

i understand what he's saying, i'm trying to tell him it's not the same for everyone. it can be, but it's not.

Sobottka

Quote from: Knightslugger on September 15, 2010, 08:19:49 PM
how much do you drop on a weekend?
i refuse to do the math out of fear of reality! but i can say when i first preped my bike only spent about $4000 (over cost) and am surly in the bottom 50% of expert race budgets  
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

Knightslugger

well, so far my entire 2010 track season has cost me:

$329 for tires
$250 for the licence clinic
$120 for 1 race practice
$150 for 2 July Races
$210 for 3 August races
$165 in transportation fuel
$50 in consumables
and about $50 in food.

1324 on race operations, there or there abouts.

as you can see, i don't race as much as some of you guys so i don't spend as much either. hell i've still got meat left on the second dunlop rear. i'll have the funds to do more next year, but i also want to keep costs as low as i can. we all do. well, us "racers that can't afford to race, but still we try" do...

I don't want CCS to turn into an Elitist club to race in.

Jason748

Quote from: Knightslugger on September 15, 2010, 08:42:40 PM
I don't want CCS to turn into an Elitist club to race in.

Belive me... you're more in the majority than you know.
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR

Ducmarc

in defense of mingo and riders like him he has raced 2 or 3 races a weekend for 5 or 6 years now . he's crashed and crashed to where he is a broken old man . he rides more track days now than race weekends  but does about every ccs event.  in a race weekend he will either do one or 2 morning races . comes in last or second to it. he only reason is he likes the social time. he gets to be with he's friends for a few hrs once or so a month he also likes to ride fast for fun not caring where he finishes. then there's john he's was one of the fastest racers ever period. he's done isle of man several times he's raced assen, hockenhiem and just about every other track on the planet . now in his late 50's he rarely races . once or twice a year. i'm sure his son barrett has a transponder but doubt he or his other son justin (who rides occasionally) have one. so theirs 3 right the that have supported the   CLUB   for years that would probably quit.  now there's me. i only want to race daytona i have eveything to race except a renewed license an a good pair of tires. my body is junk, titanium hip, 12 more pins holding my pelvis together, torn rotator cup, torn meniscus and bulgeing disk in the neck. and a wife that would let me race under protest . do i really want to spend another $420 NOT to go any faster or be any safer?   no. so there's 4. so how are you going to bring former racers back into racing? how are you going to bring dirt bikers that ride for $20 a day into the sport.how are you going to get trackday guys to race where they ride all day for$180 and get a free steak lunch to boot.   if you want a CLUB where only lawyers and stock brokers can play then fine.  there's always a trackday somewhere for me.   the other thing i don't understand is are they not still manually scoring in FL region?   kinda wish Henry D would weigh in on this.   

squirrel22

Quote from: Jason748 on September 15, 2010, 08:23:23 PM
While I agree... But CCS is business, why would they lower fee's when they're already losing money with the fee's where they are? Now factor in inflation...
Realistically, looking at this from a business standpoint CCS is looking for ways reduce operating costs long term so they have a chance to survive this current economy now and we have a place to race in the future.  So My guess is the fee's are going to up no matter what, it's just how much they go up by.

And if CCS doesn't make it and goes away, yes maybe someone else will come in, and guess what - since most every other racing series in the upper midwest (CRA & WERA) uses the AMB system, you'll still have to buy or rent one.

I think if CCS did some research, they may find that racers would enter more classes if the races cost less.  If they could find the magic number where the revenue would actually increase, it may benefit everyone.  Also, CCS should provide a cheap race school; say $50 on top of the fee for the practice day that preceeds every CCS weekend.  The secondary benefit being that CCS themselves knows the curriculum, and whether each student REALLY knows the necessities for racing. 

Another thing to think about is that CCS holds a competitive advantage over WERA by providing the transponders.  I've checked the WERA results, and CCS usually has more people attending races.  If I needed to buy a transponder, I may just do the races that are close, and run the same amount of weekends, but split it up between both orgs, so I could reduce travel.  Playing devil's advocate here...