News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Gate Fee Question.

Started by lbk, April 17, 2003, 08:55:34 AM

lbk

Does the gate fee cover both days or is it per day? I think it was like $25 each when we went to watch the races at BHF. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do for the May 10-11th weekend and would hate to pay $50 for my wife and I only to run 1 race on Saturday.

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteDoes the gate fee cover both days or is it per day? I think it was like $25 each when we went to watch the races at BHF. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do for the May 10-11th weekend and would hate to pay $50 for my wife and I only to run 1 race on Saturday.

Other than at races like R.A. and Daytona the gate fees will generally be $15 for 1 day and $25 for 2 days. I have seen this handled in different ways though, sometimes they let you purchase a wrist band for 1 day, other times you purchase an event wrist band and then get a refund for the unused portion when you leave. For example you would purchase a wrist band for $25 on Saturday which is good for the whole weekend, then if you decide to not return on Sunday you could get a $10 refund at admission as you are leaving. That's how they use to do it, but I thought they went to different colored wrist bands which are good for different days to eliminate the refund hassle.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

lbk

Thanks for the info, apparently then I just wasted money before because we paid the $25 and only went Saturday, same with Roebling.

Oh well now I know.

Jeff

I believe that upon last conversation (few weeks ago) they (CCS) would sell a 1 day band on Sunday only.  It was because they couldn't police people who bought a 1 day on Sat and then camped overnight.

Refund?!?! Oh man. I just shot soda out my nose all over my keyboard...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

EX#996

QuoteRefund?!?! Oh man. I just shot soda out my nose all over my keyboard...

For spectators it works.  At least a BHF.  Paul's mom and dad will drive down to watch him once in a while on a Saturday.  As long as they leave at by certain time, the appropriate portion of the money is refunded at the track.  

Ask at the ticket counter when you arrive.

Dawn  
Paul and Dawn Buxton

jgf

ya know i was wondering why i had to pay 25 dollars, but i wasnt going to argue, and if i had known it was good for sunday i would have come back to watch the races at least on sunday. guess i should have asked :-/

speedmax

"It work's"   My A$$ it works!!! You have to be back to turn in the band by like 5:00pm....of course if they take too long scoring your race, and you don't get to the gate untill 5:30...your out of luck. Don't bother waiting for scoring you say...what and loose out on my $1.25 hunk O' wood?

EX#996

Speedmax...

We're talking spectators here.  Chill out.

If you really need to leave at 5:00 p.m. to get your refund and your race is not yet scored, I am sure another person could pick up your wood for you.
You do have buddy's at the track, don't you?

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Eddie#200

Anybody else notice that the fees are $5 less on the web?

http://www.roadamerica.com/tickets.asp

Nate R

I'm gonna order ours (Jen and I) now then.  ;D Thanx Eddie!
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Jeff

WHOA there!  (1), there's a $5 handling fee.  (2) I had a conversation with Road America yesterday morning and they said that COMPETITION bands had to be purchased through CCS...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

MightyDuc Racing

We pay $20 each for both days or spectators can pay $15 for Sunday only down here.  They give us a ticket when we pay Saturday that gets us back in Sunday.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM