News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Midwest region, who is racing a Ducati next year?

Started by kawtipping, August 28, 2010, 08:56:59 AM

kawtipping

I would like to get an idea as to what bikes and in which classes Ducati has a presence in.  We all know that racing can get a bit pricey, and that cost can be even higher on a Duc.  Next season I am looking into offering a contingency package and would like to see where the money would be best spent.  And for the record, no I am not looking to sponsor an individual so don't ask.  Offering up contingency money has a greater effect from a business standpoint as well as a wider range of appeal to racers.  Hell, we need more people on the grids and if there is money available it should help increase grid sizes.
Moto Union - Ducati & MV Agusta of Milwaukee

Who wants a pasta ride?

roadracer162

You would hope that it did. Marc Miller offered up some cash money for the top three in Thunderbike here in Florida. Surprisingly and discouragingly it did not increase grid sizes.

I know I will be racing my Ducati 800 in Ultralight and Gt Lights. Here in Florida there are quite a few Ducatis and mostly in the Lightweight ranks. There are a few 848 and 1098's out there too.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

kawtipping

The nice part for the business side of things is that it doesn't cost anything if no one runs or claims it.  So other than the fee CCS charges it is some of the cheapest targeted marketing that one can do! 

Who wants a pasta ride?

duckracer996

I will be running my 1098 in supertwins and F40 in the GP/MW region

KBOlsen

Lucas and I hope to run our 748's in SuperTwins, Thunderbike and the Femmoto/Old Fart classes - well, that's the plan anyway. :)
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

roadracer162

I love those 748's. Marc's produces 119 and it wasn't fully tuned yet. I wish I cold afford any and all bikes that I want.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

benprobst

There is a chance ill be racing a 1198 next year in supertwins and unlimted expert classes. Dont plan on running CCS much if I can help it, but a strong contingency package would certainly carry some weight for choosing the ducati.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

mwsportsimaging

I would love to say I'm coming back with my 999 in F40 and HWSS in the GP region, but its not looking too good for HPT, and maybe not for the whole GP region.

Ducmarc

thinking about riding the 748 next year or atleast putting markie on it for a few races

kawtipping

Thanks for the responses so far everyone.  I must say I am surprised there are not more current bikes on the grids.

Who wants a pasta ride?

danch

I'll probably be running the 748 again next year, thunderbike and F40LW. Just a choice of where I get my white-plated butt kicked...
MW Am #720

c7m

I'll be racing my 749 in thunderbike and supertwins.
ccs ex #300