News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

portable beadbreaker

Started by Apriliapilot, August 21, 2010, 06:41:12 PM

Apriliapilot

Hey guys, have anyone ever used a portable beadbreaker? are they fairly easy to use? or more trouble than it's worth? I welcome any input,
Thanks!

roadracer162

I can only give my experience with the No_Mar tire changer and it's manual bead breaker. It works wonderful. I can only guess that the other manual bead breakers will work similarly.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Super Dave

I had a car bead breaker that I use when I have to change tires at home, or at a track where there is no service.  They work well on full size bikes.  When you get to small tires on something below 14", they don't work so well. 
Super Dave

Paratrooper22

I've got a brand new portable bead breaker i'd sell for 50 bucks. Bought a No-Mar system right after I bought the breaker.
CCS MW/GP #44

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"

POW/MIA - "You're Never Forgotten!"  Operation Iraqi Freedom '06 - '08

Apriliapilot

Cool, thanks! I think I 'll snag it.

Grasshopper

It's called a big fat C-clamp. Smash the tire past the inside lip of the rim. Beed broken.

I've also put the wheel under someones trailer before and pushed down with the support mechanism when the trailer is off the truck.

The C-clamp is the poor mans bead breaker. I change all my tires with that and tire spoons. I will gladly race anyone with a tire machine if the weather is warm and the tire is soft. Ice tires on the other hand can be an emotional experience.
Nicholas

Rick Beggs

I use the electric trailer jack on my trailer, works fast and easy
RICK BEGGS
RnRCycles VPLubricants TuckerPowerSports FullSpectrumPower MotoLiberty RSTaichi AraiHelmet EBCBrakes EvansCoolant EVS DIDChains MaacoSterling ArmourBodies LextekMotorcycle WoolichRacing Woodcraft JTSprockets ZeroGravityRacing PitBull Lapking ChickenHawk PodiumMotorsportsPirelli

Court Jester

I have a No-Mar changer now but use to put two 2x4's under the tire and lay the end of another one on the top edge of the tire right next to the rim, have the Mrs. stand on the wheel and give one solid jump on the to 2x4. Breaks the bead every time.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"