News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Open Headers at CCS Racing Events???????????????????

Started by limelight, August 13, 2010, 12:23:10 AM

dylanfan53

Quote from: Sobottka on August 18, 2010, 04:36:56 PM
just in case, i tag my oil filter and drain plug wire with a yellow "flag" made of duct tape for visibility  
Good idea.  I learned something new today.
Don Cook
CCS #53

Ducmarc

how about a side door on a panio hinge  2 dezus fastners and a foam strip around so it woun't leak . that would be cool flip open wip out the pocket flash light   done

jigs

Dalton's actually going to have it fixed for this weekend.

Paratrooper22

Wow.... What a gigantic bitch fest. Sounds like someone's got some sand in their... My GSX-R1000 doesn't SOUND bad with the muffler off. Is it loud? Hell yes. Entirely too loud. I have been busting my ass to get another can shipped from the factory, as the removal was due to a warranty covered incident. I DID finally receive it this week (a week later than what was originally stated by customer service staff.) Anyone ever been to a REAL race? Nascar, Nascar Trucks, Formula 1, etc...? You think the spectators complain about the deafening noise levels? No, they just enjoy the race they came to watch. Anyways... Now everyone can stop whining and complaining to the tech inspectors. These guys have enough on their plate, and shouldn't be catching an ear full about retarded issues. All the tech guys are VERY understanding and willing to work with anyone when a problem arises.

Removal of a belly pan at tech? Take the shit off if you have to. Or in my case, I just have to take out 3 fasteners and you can see the safety wire. Don't get too caught up by the "official book." Use some common sense... If you can see all necessary safety wired items with the belly pan on, do you really think tech is going to ask you to remove it just because that's what it says in the book, "word for word?" No. It would be wasting their time just as much as it would be wasting yours. This isn't MotoGP. This is club racing. Some of you all take this WAY too seriously.

I also know of some people that race with modified engines that claim they are stock so they can run SuperSport. Do I bitch about it and challenge the rider or CCS staff about word for word rules? No... Remember gentlemen/ladies, once again, this is CLUB racing. Enjoy the fun hobby and stop whining. Because all it is, is a hobby.
CCS MW/GP #44

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"

POW/MIA - "You're Never Forgotten!"  Operation Iraqi Freedom '06 - '08

vnvbandit

Looking at your "CIB" you know what's important and what's not!
Welcome home vet!
~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

Andi

Quote from: Paratrooper22 on August 20, 2010, 07:29:36 PM
Wow.... What a gigantic bitch fest. Sounds like someone's got some sand in their... My GSX-R1000 doesn't SOUND bad with the muffler off. Is it loud? Hell yes. Entirely too loud. I have been busting my ass to get another can shipped from the factory, as the removal was due to a warranty covered incident. I DID finally receive it this week (a week later than what was originally stated by customer service staff.) Anyone ever been to a REAL race? Nascar, Nascar Trucks, Formula 1, etc...? You think the spectators complain about the deafening noise levels? No, they just enjoy the race they came to watch. Anyways... Now everyone can stop whining and complaining to the tech inspectors. These guys have enough on their plate, and shouldn't be catching an ear full about retarded issues. All the tech guys are VERY understanding and willing to work with anyone when a problem arises.

Removal of a belly pan at tech? Take the shit off if you have to. Or in my case, I just have to take out 3 fasteners and you can see the safety wire. Don't get too caught up by the "official book." Use some common sense... If you can see all necessary safety wired items with the belly pan on, do you really think tech is going to ask you to remove it just because that's what it says in the book, "word for word?" No. It would be wasting their time just as much as it would be wasting yours. This isn't MotoGP. This is club racing. Some of you all take this WAY too seriously.

I also know of some people that race with modified engines that claim they are stock so they can run SuperSport. Do I bitch about it and challenge the rider or CCS staff about word for word rules? No... Remember gentlemen/ladies, once again, this is CLUB racing. Enjoy the fun hobby and stop whining. Because all it is, is a hobby.
Your bike without an exhaust is no louder than mine was last year with the EKG full system I was running. No one ever bitched about it.

Spooner

Dalton, the big reason people complain about your lack of pipe is because you feel the need to constantly rev the crap out of it when in the garages and in the pits. It just gets really old.
CCS Expert #172
'04 R6

Burt Munro

Here's the bottom line. 

I worked Tech at Blackhawk in July and Gateway last weekend.  I Teched Dalton's bike on both occasions.  We talked at Blackhawk about the open pipe issue.  He told me he was working with the manufacturer and they were going to replace the can as a warranty item.  I let him run.

Come Gateway and he still doesn't have the can, even though he was assured by the company it was enroute.  I was not happy.  I made the decision to let him run as I did not see this as a safety issue or a performance advantage.

Given similar circumstances with any of you I would do everything I could to see if we could get you on the track.
To me, if it's not a safety violation and doesn't give someone an unfair advantage, it becomes a Customer Service issue and the racer is the Customer.

Now, if he shows up this weekend at Blackhawk and the can still isn't on (since he says he received it this week) it'll be a different story.

I would hope that if you were in Dalton's boots you would respect that.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

limelight

Burt

I would be willing to bet that you had to repeatedly share a garage area or pit near the bike in question you might have a different perspective.

Also I am confident that a between ebay, craigslist, fellow races, etc. a cheap muffler could have been found to make the bike legal on the track and less obnoxious in the pits.

It is good to know that some rules are enforced  and other are not.
Richard Woten
Past President
Dell's Honda
GP  #12
CBR600F2

backMARKr

Not to throw gas on a fire, and I have no dog in this fight. I do know Rick Weaver well enough to know that he exercises common sense and doesn't play favorites. I know this as I have known him for 6 years and I consider him a friend. With that said, I can also say that he has busted me more that once at tech in that time period.

Personally, if I had a problem with Rick I would go and talk to him about it  and not make veiled passive aggressive comments on a race forum....but that's just me.

FISH ON
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

Jason748

CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

backMARKr

NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13