pair system

Started by f3racer, August 09, 2010, 10:28:19 AM

f3racer

i think i have asked this before but couldnt find where so here goes.  i have removed the pair system on my 07 cbr 600rr. plugged both valve openings on top of the valve cover and plugged the bottom of the airbox where it goes in. i cant find anywhere else where the crankcase is vented. will this meet tech?
Will
Former CCS MW Novice #81, WERA Novice #81
AHRMA Heavyweight SBK #81, DD's Racing Endurance Team #773
2020 Tuono Factory, 2000 RC51, 1980 CB750/823

Noidly1

As long as the crankcase is routed to the airbox, your good.
You don't have to have the Air Injection System installed or working to pass tech in any class that I am aware of.
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

Super Dave

Quote from: f3racer on August 09, 2010, 10:28:19 AM
i think i have asked this before but couldnt find where so here goes.  i have removed the pair system on my 07 cbr 600rr. plugged both valve openings on top of the valve cover and plugged the bottom of the airbox where it goes in. i cant find anywhere else where the crankcase is vented. will this meet tech?
The openings in the valve cover should dump air into the exhaust port.  Shouldn't be crankcase ventilation, that I've seen, but...

Generally, there's crankcase ventilation coming out of the top of the gearbox.  Might want to take a look, but I can't say I have a late model RR to look at. 

Maybe I should ask also...

Are you trying to do something with the crankcase ventilation?  You can vent it into the airbox, per the stock configuration.  You can plug the air box, but you'll NEED to route the breather to something.
Super Dave

twilkinson3

I don't know the 07s that well - if memory serves on the 03-06 stock has the crankcase vent into the base of the airbox on the right side down low - if I'm not buried tomorrow I'll go peek in the book and see what I can find

f3racer

Thanks guys. Jason helped me figure it out.
Will
Former CCS MW Novice #81, WERA Novice #81
AHRMA Heavyweight SBK #81, DD's Racing Endurance Team #773
2020 Tuono Factory, 2000 RC51, 1980 CB750/823

twilkinson3

Glad to hear - I did get buried lol