1994 CCS MW GTU Am points

Started by mdr14, July 30, 2010, 12:53:25 AM

mdr14

Look at the names, kinda funny. brings back fond memories
Matt Drucker
MD Racing
www.mdracingstp.com

Mike829

rob sobottka was AM in 1994?  he was handing us our asses in AM like 3 or 4 years ago, i remember beating him once because his pit guy offered him fuel on the starting grid and he waved him off, then promptly ran out of fuel a few laps in.  i think it was ULGP
Mike #829EX
Madison Sportbikes Racing

Sobottka

Quote from: Mike829 on July 30, 2010, 01:33:53 AM
rob sobottka was AM in 1994?  he was handing us our asses in AM like 3 or 4 years ago,
yep did my first race in '93, last one in '95 then took a 10 yr. break
nice find matt!
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

mdr14

I have the entire results for GTU points. I am going to scan them in. Everyone will be shocked at the perspective, I just checked on the CCS website, so far Am GTU MW has 33, yes kids, 33 people listed for points. in 1994 there were something like 170.

It is more than 'just the economy" that is a problem.

Matt Drucker
MD Racing
www.mdracingstp.com

Sobottka

back then you never skipped a gt race. i think they were 25-30 minutes and the track time was too valuable with no track days. 
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions

mdr14

Back in that day the GT Races were 50 mile races. I believe it was to get the club guys use to racing AMA Pro race distance.

I do not know the rationale for shortening the race distance when CCS did. Might have been under the clear channel reign.
Matt Drucker
MD Racing
www.mdracingstp.com

mx558

I remember those races didn't seem that long even on my 400, maybe the 16 yrs. younger had something to do with it. lol Yeah it is more than the economy being bad. I can remember only spending something like 300 on the high end now its 3x that much.

Sobottka

Quote from: mdr14 on July 30, 2010, 12:45:11 PM
Back in that day the GT Races were 50 mile races.
yep now i remember. hard to imagine a 27-28 lap race at bhf today. 

Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions

jigs

I could do a 27-28 lap race at BHF....if I averaged 1:25's.......don't say a word Hodges!!

mdr14

I just looked at my results sheet... 198 different and unique competitors in the Am GTU class CCS MW region* ( With footnote here)

* The GT lights class at that time did not exist, so the lightweight bikes were combined with the middleweight bikes. That being said, I remember regularly the Am GTU class being split into 2 separate points paying races. Each with 40 bikes. People were turned away sometimes because of the turnout.
Matt Drucker
MD Racing
www.mdracingstp.com

Super Dave

That's some good stuff there.

Matt when did you go expert?  I remember seeing you as an amateur in 1990 or so on a ZX6D at Blackhawk... 
Super Dave

mdr14

I actually started racing may of 1992 at BHF, on my 1991 Kawasaki ZX-6D model. Was an amateur 3 years. went expert in 1995. Here it is 2010.
Matt Drucker
MD Racing
www.mdracingstp.com